Due to the promotion of one of our OT's into a newly-created senior practitioner for OT post within the team, an opportunity has arisen for a band 6 OT to join our friendly team.
The role is a 50/50 split Occupational Therapy and Care Coordinator post. The team is made up up of 12 care coordinators, and 2 x of those are protected for OT's. All other 11 posts are currently filled and caseloads are manageable presently.
Main duties of the job
The role involves working in a creative and therapeutic way with a caseload of people experiencing a first episode of psychosis. You will receive all of the relevant training for assessing and working successfully with this service user group.
Greater Manchester Mental Health (GMMH) Foundation Trust employs over6,400
members of staff, who deliver services from more than160
We provide inpatient and community-based mental health care for people living in Bolton, the city of Manchester, Salford,Trafford and the borough of Wigan, and a wide range of specialist mental health and substance misuse services across Greater Manchester, the north west of England and beyond.
Greater Manchester is one of the world's most innovative, original and exciting places to live and work. From the beauty of the surrounding countryside to the heart of the vibrant inner city with great shopping, entertainment and dining options.
Wherever you go you will experience a great northern welcome with people famed for their warmth, humour and generosity.
Our people enjoy their work, have opportunities to learn and develop their skills and are encouraged to generate new ideas that improve care for our service users.
Job description Job responsibilities
Salford EIT is a friendly, supportive and proactive team, and we consistently meet all of our health and outcome related goals for our service users. You will be joining a diverse, caring and nurturing environment with access to lots of training and CPD.
You will hold a small caseload of people for care coordination - with a thorough induction into this role if it is new to you. You will also hold a caseload of people for OT interventions, which you will deliver alongside our STR workers and peer mentors. Please see attached job description and person specification Staff benefits
- Pay Enhancements 30% additional for Evenings (8pm onwards) and Saturdays and 60% additional for Sundays and Bank holidays.
- 27 days annual leave plus bank holidays rising to 29 after 5 years and 33 days after 10 years
- Excellent pension
- Cycle to work scheme
- Salary sacrifice car scheme
- Wellbeing programme
- Blue Light Card Discounts
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- Qualified and registered as per the JD/PS
- Evidence of robust continued professional development including training in relevant subjects.
- Experience of post registration experience as an Occupational Therapist, including demonstrable experience working in mental health
- Experience of working within a CMHT / EIS setting; managing a caseload of service users and completing assessments with people who have been referred into the service.
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.