The provision of Occupational Therapy assessment and treatment interventions as part of a multidisciplinary team for people experiencing mental health difficulties living within the community. The Division place recovery at the heart of its services. Therefore, we all demonstrate the recovery principles of
- And maximising opportunities every day, in all that we do
Main duties of the job
The post holder will use evidence based and client centred practice to assess, plan, implement and evaluate one to one and group based interventions within the community setting, providing Occupational Therapy assessment and treatment interventions to adults with mental health needs.
The post holder will manage a defined caseload, using the Model of Human Occupation evidence based/client centred practice to assess, plan, implement and evaluate interventions.
The post holder will work as a senior member of a multidisciplinary team, providing advice to the multidisciplinary team as required.
The role will support leadership and provide clinical supervision to junior staff and undertake a practice placement educator role, the post holder will be expected to allocate work to STR workers, Band 5 Occupational Therapists, Occupational Therapy Assistant Practitioners and/or Technical Instructors (as applicable) and ongoing support on a daily basis, as well as supervision and appraisal.
Are you passionate about delivering positive change to the people of the Black Country?
Do you want to work with a talented workforce to meet new challenges and improve care for our local communities?
Then our Trust is the place for you.
We employ over 3,000 members of staff and just like the population we serve, we are made up of diverse cultures and backgrounds.
We take pride in supporting, developing and engaging with our workforce. Staff engagement, recognition and wellbeing are vital to the success of our organisation, and we strive to provide a setting in which our staff can showcase their skills, innovative solutions and dedication to healthcare.
Job description Job responsibilities
- The post holder is responsible for supervising Junior Staff/Students
- The post holder is responsible for supervising and assessing OT students on practice placement
- The post holder might be responsible for work experience students
- The post holder is not directly concerned with any budget but might make recommendations for equipment and materials required
- The post holder is responsible for inputting RIO relating to patient contact including group and 1:1 interventions. Including ensuring documentation is completed within a timely manner
- The post holder impacts on the Trust at Team level, Divisional Level and at AHP professional level
- The post holder may be requested to move to other locations in order to meet the needs of the service.
Person Specification Skills Essential
- Degree in Occupational Therapy (or equivalent)
- Detailed knowledge of the principles of Clinical Governance and its application Experience of delivering presentations
- Highly developed interpersonal skills with service users who have multiple and complex mental health needs
- Post registration research
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.