An excellent opportunity has arisen for a qualified clinical psychologist to join a specialist service delivering psychological therapies to veterans of the British Armed Forces.
The Military Veterans' Service (MVS) is a multi-disciplinary team of practitioners led by a Consultant Clinical Psychologist delivering an ICS funded treatment service as well as being the providers of the NHS England funded Op Courage - Transition, Intervention and Liaison Service (TILS) in the North West.
Main duties of the job
To provide psychological formulation and therapies - individual and group interventions - appropriate to a specialist psychological therapy service for veterans of the British Armed Forces, either face to face or via digital platforms.
To provide specialist advice, consultation, support and training to other staff working with veterans across Greater Manchester and Lancashire.
To proactively support the continuing development of the MVS through increased partnership working with statutory and non-statutory organisations.
PCFT are proud to provide high quality mental health and learning disability services, both inpatient and in the community across five boroughs of Greater Manchester - Bury, Oldham, Rochdale, Stockport and Tameside and Glossop.
Our vision is for a happier and more hopeful life for everyone in our communities and our staff work hard to deliver the very best care for the people who use our services. We're really proud of our #PennineCarePeople and do everything we can to make sure we're a great place to work.
All individuals regardless of race, age, disability, ethnicity, nationality, gender, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, religion or belief, marriage and civil partnership are encouraged to apply for this post.
We would also encourage applications from members of the Armed forces community; individuals with a lived experience of mental illness, either individually or as a partner / carer.
Job description Job responsibilities
*Please refer to attached Job description and Person Specification documents
Key Requirements of the Person Specification:
Qualification from Doctorate in Clinical or Counselling Psychology, OR
High Intensity IAPT Course (Post Graduate Diploma) OR
a recorded/registered qualification in one of the following - nursing, social work, occupational therapy, or a psychological therapy plus further post graduate qualification training in CBT to at least equivalent of a post graduate diploma
- HCPC / BABCP registration / accreditation
- Previous service within the armed forces communities OR Experience of working with military communities/service charities OR Evidence of understanding of armed forces communities
- Car driver/owner and/or ability and willingness to travel to locations throughout the Northwest of England.
Person Specification Education / Qualifications Essential
- Doctoral level training in Clinical / Counselling Psychology and registration with the Health Professions Council Or, UKCP registered therapist with core professional qualification e.g. RMN; OT; MHSW and Masters or Doctoral level qualification in psychotherapy. Or, BABCP/BACP accredited CBT / therapist with additional training in for example EMDR/DBT Qualification from High Intensity IAPT Course (Post Graduate Diploma)
- Post-qualification training in specialist therapeutic work with children, young people and families e.g. EMDR , DBT, CBT, IPT, FT, DIT, Schema
- Significant experience working as a psychological therapy practitioner in a primary care setting.
- Experience of routine outcome monitoring
- Experience of teaching and liaising with other professional groups
- Previous service within the armed forces communities OR Experience of working with military communities/service charities OR Evidence of understanding of the veterans communities
- Experience of joint working with other public sector and/or 3rd sector services
- Demonstrates an understanding of anxiety, depression and trauma and how it may present
- Knowledge of the mental health, and wider social inclusion needs of Military Veterans and their families
- Knowledge of medication used in anxiety and depression and other common mental health problems
- Demonstrates an understanding for the need to use evidence based psychological therapies and how it relates to this post
- Knowledge of child protection issues, safeguarding and other relevant legislation
- Demonstrates a knowledge of the issues surrounding work and the impact it can have on mental health / benefits & employment systems
Skills and Abilities Essential
- Ability to meet agreed/specified service targets
- Ability to manage own caseload and time
- Demonstrates high standards in written communication
- Able to write clear reports and letters to referrers
- Full range of skills and competencies as laid out in the competence framework for CBT (Roth and Pilling 2007)
- Excellent IT skills
- Well developed skills in the ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing, complex, highly technical and/or clinically sensitive information to clients, their families, carers and other professional colleagues both within and outside the NHS
- Has received training (either formal of through experience) and carried out risk assessments within scope of practice
- Able to develop good therapeutic relationships with clients
- Ability to provide services in a variety of settings.
- Ability to carry our research, audit and service evaluation
Work Related Circumstances Essential
- Car driver/owner and/or ability and willingness to travel to locations throughout Greater Manchester and Lancashire
- Ability to adapt to the changing needs of the service.
- Willingness to work outside normal working hours on occasion.
- Willing to carry out all duties and responsibilities of the post in accordance with the Trust's Equal Opportunities and Equality and Diversity policies
- Appointments to regulated and controlled activities require an enhanced DBS disclosure and registration with the Independent Safeguarding Authority (ISA), Vetting and Barring Scheme.
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.