An exciting opportunity has arisen to join our band 5 rotation across many of our mental health directorates
The role would provide an opportunity to develop skills and experience in the following settings
High secure forensic at Rampton Hospital
Low Secure Community Forensic
Adult mental health inpatient
Adult mental health local community mental health team
Older adult inpatient/ community mental health
The post holder rotates annually and allows the post holder to gain a grounding in a wide range of mental health settings and offers the opportunity to facilitate career development in a number of specialisms
The trust is committed to using a recovery focused approach to care. You will be supported though out by other Occupational Therapists who are currently on the rotation and also the specialist occupational therapist and OT leads.
Services are delivered from a number of sites including:
High Secure inpatient beds at Rampton Hospital;
Medium Secure inpatient beds at Arnold Lodge & Wathwood Hospital
Low Secure inpatient beds at The Wells Road Centre
Community Forensic Services
Integrated Offender Health Services
Liaison with the Criminal Justice System in NottinghamshireMain duties of the job
We are seeking an enthusiastic and motivated Occupational Therapist to join our rotational scheme. This is aband 5 post which rotates annually between Acute Mental Health Inpatient Team, High Secure Forensic, Low Secure Forensic, Older Adult Inpatient Team, and Community/Local Mental Health teams. All services are committed to using a recovery focused approach to care.
To contribute to a high quality Occupational Therapy service by carrying out assessment, goal setting, identifying occupational based interventions, implementing treatment programmes and evaluation in conjunction with other members of the Multi- Disciplinary Team (MDT) under the supervision of a Senior Occupational Therapist. To support patients/ service users to improve or maintain their level of function and quality of life and plan future care in an appropriate setting. To be responsible with the MDT for planning treatment pathways, a safe discharge / progression to next stage, including possible home visit assessment or future placement as required. Working as part of the multi-disciplinary team use his/her clinical expertise to participate in the preparation, implementation and review of plans to aid recovery. To complete risk management plans in for complex and challenging situations in variety of environments from the community, inpatient wards and high and low securityAbout us
We have a huge variety of opportunities in our expansive Trust covering geographically from South Yorkshire, Nottinghamshire to Leicester, providing mental health inpatient and community services, community health services, forensic mental health services and secure prison healthcare across the East Midlands.
We have more than 100 sites and a huge scope of unique opportunities to develop your career and gain some amazing experiences. We strive to be a great place to work and offer many staff benefits and tailored staff support and wellbeing programmes. Do you want to make a difference? Do you believe in Trust, Honesty, Respect, Compassion and Teamwork?
Then Nottinghamshire Healthcare is the perfect place for you to start, maintain or further your career. Join our team of nearly 9000 who are making a difference every day. We are all about our people - our staff, volunteers, carers, service users and patients. We are NottsHC.
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter @NottsHealthcareJob descriptionJob responsibilities
- You will have a MSc/BSc/Diploma in Occupational Therapy and be registered with the HCPC or awaiting HCPC registration.
- You will undertake occupational based assessments.
- You will work alongside the multidisciplinary team inputting into care
- You will be providing therapeutic activity groups and one to one work.
- Due to the fast turnover you need to be adaptable and flexible.
- A full driving licence or an ability to travel between locations is essential during the rotational scheme.
This post is both rewarding and a vital role towards the delivery of treatment to our patients.
Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust offers a range of benefits , including:
- Up to 33 days holiday plus bank holidays (pro rata)
- Flexible working
- Generous NHS pension scheme
- Enhanced maternity and sick pay
- Comprehensive induction and training
- Commitment to career development
- Wide range of training and development opportunities
- Working in a supportive environment
- Retail discounts
- Regular support and clinical supervision including CPD opportunities
- There is an expectation that the successful candidate will participate in regular managerial and clinical supervision and engage in both mandatory and supplementary training as required.
- BSc or MSc in Occupational Therapy
- HCPC Registration
- Experience of working in mental health settings
- Work experience in acute mental health
- Working experience in older adults mental health
- Recovery focused practice
- Assessment and OT process skills
- Effective risk management skills
- Excellent communication skills
- OT skills in relation to longer term and acute mental health
- Motivate service users
- Use of clinical supervision
- Team working
- Time management skills
- Experience of supervising staff
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.