We are looking for a registered professional with Mental Health Experience to join the Riviera Core mental health team and work in collaboration with the Paignton and Brixham Primary Care Network (PCN). This team has been developed as part of the new community mental health framework.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing multi-disciplinary team. Our aim within is to provide seamless care for patients, regardless of the provider
The post holder will work as a senior member of staff and be part of a multi-disciplinary team, contributing to the effective provision of Mental Health Services to an identified caseload of service users.
Main duties of the job liaise with a wide range of both statutory and non-statutory agencies to provide creative packages of careprovide managerial supervision and support to junior members of the teamprovide managerial overview to day-day team needs (such as ensuring planning and booking of team members training; designing an effective team rota in a timely fashion)
About us About Devon Partnership Trust
We provide mental health, learning disability and neurodiversity services, as well as a range of specialist & secure services for the wider south west region & nationally. We are passionate about promoting good mental health & wellbeing. We strive to use the expertise & resources within our organisation, and through our partnerships, to deliver high quality services that are safe & focused on people's recovery. Our values
We not only recruit employees based on their qualifications & experience - we recruit individuals who possess and demonstrate the behaviours which underpin the core values of our organisation. These values include such attributes as showing a commitment to quality of care, improving lives of others, giving respect, dignity & compassion. We can bring those values to life in our everyday tasks by giving a smile; making time for people; challenging ourselves & others, & being open to new ideas.
We are committed to being an inclusive employer & applications are encouraged & welcomed from all sections of the community, regardless of any protected characteristics as governed by the Equality Act 2010. Part time & flexible working applications will be considered & supported, where possible. We particularly encourage applicants with lived experience of mental health & learning disabilities. We are a Disability Confident Employer.
Job description Job responsibilities Duties and ResponsibilitiesCommunication and Working Relationship Skills
Patients and families/carers re assessment, care planning, treatment and review Multi disciplinary teams to ensure the provision of consistent well coordinated care Primary care teams regarding client care External agencies also involved in the provision of care eg: voluntary and private sector, police, social services, housing, employment etc Service user/carer groups
- Contribute to the teams engagement with a wide range of stakeholders including staff, service users, their carers and other statutory and voluntary sector agencies.
- Impart complex and sensitive information to :
- Liaise with a wide range of other professionals and agencies.
Analytical and Judgemental Skills
- Contribute to the safe and effective day to day operations of the service including the handling of clinical enquires.
- Present information some of which may be contentious to patients and their families/carers.
Planning and Organisational Skills
- To take a lead on and make clinical judgements in clinical cases.
- To take part in clinical analysis of care regimes.
- To join with the community team manager in making a judgement in management matters at team level.
Responsibility for Patient/Client Care, Treatment and Therapy
- Attend management and professional meetings as directed by their line manager and professional lead.
- Responsible for planning and co-ordinating own day to day work load in collaboration with the needs of the service users and the wider needs of the service.
- Plan and organise case conferences liaising with other agencies as required to meet the needs of their clients
- Ensure that interventions are planned in an integrated and co-ordinated manner particularly where dependent on other external agencies.
Responsibility for Policy and Service Development Implementation
- Maintain a caseload of appropriate clients,.
- Responsible for developing care packages including assessing, planning, intervention and evaluation. Ensuring active involvement of service users and their carers.
- Triage referrals by assessing and advising on eligibility criteria.
- Provide specialist advice to referrers/other multi-disciplinary staff in relation to the care of the client.
- Participate in safeguarding children to level 3 as set out in Safeguarding children and young people: roles and competencies for Health Care staff.
Responsibility for Finance, Equipment and Other Resources
- Participate in programmes of audit and research within the team and implement the findings.
- Contribute to professional clinical governance arrangements in order to ensure the quality of the service provided.
- Participate in the development of Mental Health Services.
Responsibility for Human Resources, e.g. Supervision, Training, HR Advice and Management
- Responsible for care of own equipment.
- Where appropriate processes petty cash
Responsibility for Information Resources and Administrative Duties
- Supervise junior qualified staff in the process of triage and assessment.
- Provide clinical supervision for a number of qualified staff.
- Periodically co-ordinate the activity of the team and facilitate team meetings.
- Mentor students allocated to the team.
- To deputise for the Community Team Manager.
Freedom to Act
- Maintain up to date client records in a timely and accurate manner.
- Maintain team members record in a timely and accurate manner
- Responsibility for Research and Development
- To participate in audits within the unit.
- To work with the team manager to develop systems which will ensure the delivery of set performance targets and maintain the governance of the service.
Any Other Specific Tasks Required
- To take managerial and organisational action within the remit of and absence of the band 7 team manager.
- To be fully accountable for their own clinical actions and oversee the actions of junior staff.
- To exercise discretion and initiative in the interests of patient safety and clinical risk management.
- To work within the Trusts procedures, practices and policies, organisational guidelines and professional codes to ensure safe, high quality delivery of care.
- Ensure that statutory training associated with the post is undertaken.
- Participate in own clinical supervision and PDR.
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- A professional mental health registration eg RMN, CQSW/ASW, BSc/Diploma in OT, SROT, Chartered Clinical Psychologist, ENB 811/812 or CPN Degree
- I.T Skills
- Clinical Supervision qualification
- Training to level 3 in Safeguarding children and young people: roles and competencies for Health Care staff
- Post graduate qualification relevant to specialism
- An understanding of the NSF and Mental Health Act/ Mental Health Capacity Act requirements.
- CPA Process
- Awareness of community structures and social care options and processes
- Understanding of recovery principles in Mental Health
Analytical & Judgemental Skills Essential
- Able to own problems and get involved in the solutions.
- Ability to manage risk.
Planning & Organisational Skills Essential
- Able to plan creatively to maximise effectiveness of care plans.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to manage own time and that of the teams.
- Ability to work flexibly.
Physical Skills Essential
- Ability to be mobile across a geographical area.
- Computer literacy.
- Substantial experience of managing a busy caseload of clients with a range of mental health problems.
- Working within a community mental health setting in either the statutory or voluntary sector.
- Providing clinical supervision.
- Experience of working in a multi-disciplinary and multi-agency environment.
- Participation in user involvement in services.
Skills and Abilities. Essential
- Excellent communication skills including the ability to engage with clients experiencing a wide range of mental health problems.
- Able to produce well written reports.
- Ability to communicate with a wide range of professionals from various settings.
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.