We have an exciting opportunity for a General Adult Consultant Psychiatrist to join our Mid Sussex, Community Assessment and Treatment team in Haywards Heath, West Sussex. This vacancy has arisen due to the creation of a new post.
This job attracts aRecruitment and Retention payment of £25,000,
in addition to(up to) £8000 relocation allowance.
The RRP payment is paid in the following instalments:
- £5000 payment paid on appointment
- £5000 retention payment paid at 12 month anniversary of employment
- £6500 retention payment paid at 30 month anniversary of employment
- £8500 retention payment paid at 48 month anniversary of employment
The Recruitment and Retention payment is pro rata for part time employees. If you would like further information, or to know the full terms of the Recruitment and Retention Payment and/or the Relocation Allowance, then please do not hesitate to contact our Medical Staffing Team - firstname.lastname@example.org
To find out more about what we offer please take a look at our careers portal:https://careers.sussexpartnership.nhs.uk/
Main duties of the job
The role of the post holder in the ATS team will be to provide senior medical input to the team. You will expected to undertake urgent assessments of new or current patients in crisis, providing detailed assessments, formulation and risk assessments. You will also develop management plans and review these in an outpatient setting.
The post holder will work with the multidisciplinary team to provide high quality mental health care for patients in the local community.
You will also support junior medical colleagues including clinically supervising trainee doctors and will be committed to providing a high quality of medical education to students and trainees.
At Sussex Partnership we are committed to providing opportunities forflexible working
. If you would like to work differently or different hours to as advertised, please get in touch to discuss this in more detail.
If you haven't thought about living inWest Sussex
before then you should consider the following:
- Journey from the coast to the countryside in minutes
- Enjoy a lifestyle where there are renowned cycle routes and picturesque walks, including the famous South Downs Way in the South Downs National Park!
- Embrace taking time to discover all the miles of scenic coastline, including West Wittering beach and Selsey.
- Easy access to airports - Gatwick and Heathrow are both within 90 minutes of the county, providing links to Europe and beyond
- Brighton and Hove or London are within easy reach via local and national bus routes and national mainline stations
Job description Job responsibilities
The post holder will become a senior member of the medical team within the ATS. They will have the opportunity to work with the leadership team to develop local mental health services, in line with the West Sussex Care Delivery Service aims and objectives.
This role can also support any interest in research, development, medical education or special interests that you may have. We strongly believe in creating roles that provide a service but also give you the opportunity to develop your own areas of special interest.
There is only so much we can say to you in an advert, so would love to speak to you about this role in more detail. Please see attached Job Description and Person Specification for full details.
Please note the Job Description has been approved by the Royal College of Psychiatrists
Person Specification Essential and desirable Essential
- Fully registered with the GMC with a licence to practise at the time of appointment.
- Approved Clinician Status or able to achieve this within 3 months of appointment
- Excellent knowledge in specialty
- Participate in research or service evaluation
- Ability to work in a participatory way, so that shared decision making and conversations around formulation/diagnosis and ongoing care are a collaborative endeavour with the people who access our service.
- In good standing with GMC with respect to warning and conditions on practice
- Additional clinical qualifications.
- Wide range of specialist and sub-specialist experience relevant to post within NHS or comparable service
- Evidence of achievement in education, research, audit, service improvement.
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.