We are seeking a motivated, committed and enthusiastic individual to provide evidence based harm reduction interventions to drug and alcohol service users within the Derby City community. Our aim is to provide high quality planned care to individuals experiencing substance misuse problems in order to improve their health and wellbeing and to support their recovery; the role of the Specialist Harm Reduction Nurse will be integral to achieving this.
Experience of providing harm reduction interventions for individuals with substance misuse difficulties is essential.
Main duties of the job
The successful candidate will support interventions such as testing and vaccination, physical health assessment, needle exchange provision, ECG, and act as a robust link between primary care, secondary care services and other care settings.
Join 'Team Derbyshire Healthcare' and become part of a talented, compassionate and enthusiastic workforce committed to a vision of making a positive difference in people's lives.
CQC rated us as 'GOOD overall, commenting on how our colleagues treated patients with compassion and kindness and felt positive and proud about working for the trust.
- Commitment to flexible working where this is possible
- 27 days annual leave/year plus bank holidays, increasing to 29 days after 5 years & 33 days after 10 years service
- Yearly appraisal and commitment to ongoing training
- Generous NHS pension scheme
- Good maternity, paternity and adoption benefits
- Health service discounts and online benefits
- Incremental pay progression
- Free confidential employee assistance programme 24/7
- Access to our LGBTI+ network, BAME Network and Christian Network
- Health and wellbeing opportunities
- Structured learning and development opportunities
Job description Job responsibilities PLEASE NOTE: Please see attached Job Description and Person Specification. To apply, please click APPLY FOR THIS JOB - this link will take you to the TRAC Recruitment Site. You will need to register if you do not already have an account
The post holder will
Work as part of the Derby Drug and Alcohol Recovery Service providing recovery focused service user centred care. The purpose of the role is to deliver harm reduction interventions for drug and alcohol users.
Deliver harm reduction intervention including but not exclusively BBV testing and vaccination, needle exchange, specialist steroid support, venepuncture, ECG monitoring and health promotion advice.
Be able to assess and support a service user utilising a multifaceted approach in order to plan and deliver comprehensive care in line with the service users needs.
Be a skilled practitioner who is able to proactively engage with service users to reduce harm and improve outcomes. Service users will be engaged from the Derby City area.
Provide strong clinical leadership in support of both the Service Manager and Area Service Manager where required.
Person Specification Qualification Essential
- Worked with service users with substance misuse issues
- Multidisciplinary working
- Experience of providing harm reduction interventions
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.