Are you a dedicated and highly motivated Psychological Practitioner looking for an exciting opportunity to step into a Consultant-level post, within our expanding Birmingham Healthy Minds (Adult IAPT) services?
We are excited to be recruiting for a Consultant Clinical/Counselling Psychologist or Equivalent Applied Psychological Practitioner to contribute to the provision of psychological services within Birmingham Healthy Minds (Adult IAPT). We welcome applicants from Clinical/Counselling Psychology and also Applied Psychological Professions who are ready and able to step into a Consultant-level post and meet the person specification.
Main duties of the job
In this role, you will be part of a multi-professional senior leadership team committed to providing and maintaining high quality standards and compassionate psychological care. You will also join our expanding group of Consultant Psychological Professions within Specialities Division who are all working together to provide leadership for the best possible compassionate and inclusive psychological care for our service users, their families, carers and our diverse communities. Our Psychological Practitioners are encouraged to participate in research and teaching related activities that are agreed and built into their job plans, and we have close links to higher education institutions in Birmingham and across the Midlands.
Welcome to Birmingham and Solihull Mental Health NHS Foundation Trust. Our 4000 clinical and support staff help us to improve mental health wellbeing and meet the needs of the 70,000 people we serve each year. We provide a range of mental healthcare services across Birmingham and Solihull, as well as specialised services nationally. We also offer medical, nursing and psychology training and are proud of our international reputation for both research and innovation.
Our population is culturally diverse, characterised in places by high levels of deprivation which create an increasing demand for our services and a necessity for us to make sure everyone can access the help they need. We are a team of compassionate, inclusive and committed people working together to provide excellent care to support our community. If you are looking for a place to belong, where you can make a real difference to people's lives, join our team where our warm welcome is waiting for you.
Job description Job responsibilities
For further information about the main responsibilities please view the attached job description and person specification.
Person Specification Essential Essential
- Satisfactory completion of BPS accredited Doctoral Level postgraduate professional training course in clinical / counselling psychology (the Doctorate in Clinical or Counselling Psychology, or its equivalent for those trained prior to 1996.
- Significant experience of working as a registered practitioner psychologist, including post qualification experience in primary care.
- Relevant post-qualification experience and formal training in supervision
- Experience of exercising full clinical responsibility for the psychological care and treatment of referred clients, and of working within a team context wherein carries responsibility for the psychological aspects of a care plan.
- Post-doctoral training in one or more additional specialised areas of psychological practice relevant to IAPT
- Experience of the professional management of registered and pre-registered practitioner psychologists, Psychology Assistants, graduate and undergraduate students and other grades of staff within a psychology service.
- BABCP accreditation.
- Ability to demonstrate leadership and management skills
- Experience of working within a multicultural framework
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.