The South West CMHT for older people services into West York Locality as well as Selby, over 65 population of about 22000. Team receives about 400 referrals each year. The CMHT provides Monday Friday 9am - 5pm assessment and treatment services which include the provision of care for older people with functional mental health problems as well as complex organic care for patients in their own homes.
Main duties of the job
The post holder will be responsible for providing a community based psychiatric service to older people in the South-West Community Hub, working in and providing clinical leadership to the South older peoples team (6PAs- DCC & 2Pas- SPA). To work with fellow consultants, clinical colleagues and service managers to provide an assessment and treatment service for older people with mental health problems.
We are one of the largest specialist mental health and learning disabilities trusts in the country, with an annual income of £320m and a workforce of some 6,700 staff operating from around 100 sites in Durham, Tees Valley, North Yorkshire, York and Selby. We are Tees, Esk and Wear Valleys NHS Foundation Trust. We provide mental health and learning disability services to people of all ages.
We deliver a range of community and in-patient care across adult mental health, children and young peoples services, mental health services for older people and forensic services. We have over 7,000 staff working across more than 90 sites.
With an annual operating income of over £420 million, we work in partnership with local authorities, clinical commissioning groups, voluntary organisations, the private sector, as well as people who use our services, their families and carers. Geographically were one of the largest NHS Foundation Trusts in the country, spanning County Durham and Darlington, Teesside, North Yorkshire and York and Selby.
Job description Job responsibilities
A full job description and person specification for this post can be found attached to this advert .
Person Specification Experience Essential
- Excellent knowledge in specialty
- Excellent clinical skills using bio-psycho-social perspective and wide medical knowledge
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
- Able to manage clinical complexity and uncertainty
- Makes decisions based on evidence and experience including the contribution of others
- Able to meet duties under MHA and MCA
- Wide range of specialist and sub-specialist experience relevant to post within NHS or comparable service
- MB BS or equivalent medical qualification.
- Qualification or higher degree in medical education, clinical research or management.
- Additional clinical qualifications.
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.