Established in 2015, City and Hackney Autism Service is a small, but well-established autism diagnostic service for residents of the London Borough of Hackney and City of London. We offer assessment to adults from 18+ who do not have a previous diagnosis of autism. Hackney and the City are extremely diverse and are fascinating places to work.
The post holder would work closely with the Operational Lead and the Consultant Psychiatrist to provide assessment, outcomes, sign-posting and some post-diagnostic follow-up to service users. Primarily the post holder would be utilising the ADOS-2 assessment, but the role has scope for a variety of activity from management, education and awareness raising to group work and liaison of multiple outside agencies.
Main duties of the job
We are looking for someone with experience of mental health and neurodevelopmental conditions, including specialist assessment experience, to join our team. The person will need to be able to enjoy close team-working, but also to be able to work autonomously as required. The service is developing and there may be opportunities to work in the ADHD service in the future.
Learning and personal development is encouraged and we have an established appraisal system and funding for relevant courses to assist with your development.
Our mission is to make a positive difference to people's lives by improving the quality of life for all we serve. Our values are: We Care, We Respect, We are Inclusive - so we are looking for people who live and breathe these qualities when supporting service users and carers, and in their relationships with colleagues in the Trust and our partner organisations.
Job description Job responsibilities
Kindly refer to the job description and person specification that is attached to the vacancy profile.
Person Specification Education/ Qualification/ Training Essential
- oRegistered Allied Health Professional or Nurse
- oRelevant CPD
- oPost graduate qualification
- oTraining in ADOS-2 assessment tool
- oExtensive experience in working in mental health and/or neurodevelopmental conditions.
- oExperience at Band 6 or above.
- oExperience of line managing junior staff
- oPrevious experience of working in Autism and/other neurodevelopmental disorders.
- oExperience of service development
Knowledge and Skills Essential
- oSpecific knowledge of neurodevelopmental disorders and their assessment and management
- oWorking knowledge of the Mental Health Act, Children Act, Mental Capacity Act and other relevant legislation
- oKnowledge of Child and Adult safeguarding issues and procedures.
- oKnowledge and application of appraisal and PDP systems
- oExperience of RIO or equivalent system
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.