Wolverhampton Healthy Minds Improving Access to Psychological Therapies (IAPT) Service are recruiting qualified Counsellors to their team. We are looking for Counsellors who have experience of working in Primary Care (preferably an IAPT Service).
If you can meet the minimum standards indicated below, we would like to hear from you:
- Completion of BACP Accredited Counselling Qualification or equivalent qualification with a minimum of450 supervised client hours
- Completion of the IAPT Person Centred Experiential Counselling for Depression (PCE-CFD) Training (Desirable)
You must hold Professional Registration with one of the following:
- BACP (British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy)
- UKCP (UK Council for Psychotherapy)
Wolverhampton Healthy Minds delivers treatment within the stepped care model and our team includes a range of professionals, including Counsellors, CBT Therapists, and PWPs.
As a service we are committed to embracing diversity, and work to create a welcoming and inclusive environment for all staff and patients.
Main duties of the job
To provide high quality, short term, evidence-based counselling to people with common mental health problems, self-referring or referred by GP's and other services.
The role will involve:
- delivering brief counselling treatment, in line with current NICE guidelines, to clients who are experiencing mild to severe Depression.
- liaison with other professionals both internal and external to the team.
- regular clinical supervision to ensure professional development and safe practice.
- continuous professional development
Black Country Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust provides specialist mental health, learning disability, and community healthcare services for the population of the Black Country.
Across the whole of the region we provide:
- Adult and older adult mental health services
- Specialist learning disability services
We currently employ over 3,000 members of staff and just like the population we serve, we are made up of diverse cultures and backgrounds.
Presently we are able to offer a blended approach of home and office based working.
Job description Job responsibilities
The successful applicant will be a qualified and experienced counsellor. Accreditation would be desirable.
Please find attached job description for full details.
Person Specification Education/Qualifications Essential
- Post Graduate level qualification in BACP approved counselling course OR Diploma level 5 qualification in counselling
- Registered with United Kingdom Council for British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP or equivalent accrediting body).
- Trained in Counselling for Depression (CfD-PCET) or Interpersonal Psychotherapy (IPT)
- BACP/UKCP accredited or attended an accredited course and working towards completion of accreditation within 12 months
- Experience of working in an IAPT service delivering counselling for people with depression
- A minimum of 450 hours counselling experience with a relevant voluntary or statutory organisation, within the last 5 years
- Experience working towards service targets
- Experience of carrying out assessments of client's suitability for counselling
- Experience of the application of evidence-based counselling modalities in different cultural contexts
- In depth knowledge of a number of core clinical mode
- Demonstrates an understanding of anxiety and depression and how it may present in Primary Care and managed in a stepped care model
- Knowledge of medication used in anxiety and depression and other common mental health problems
Skills/Personal Qualities Essential
- Ability to use clinical supervision and personal development positively and effectively
- Able to provide counselling supervision
- Has received training (either formal of through experience) and carried out risk assessments within scope of practice)
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.