The successful appointee will work closely with the Deputy Associate Director and Associate Director, as well as with fellow Service Leads and other key staff. As Service Lead for the Heathy Minds Improving Access to Psychological Therapies (IAPT) Service, you will come into role at an exciting time. Healthy Minds is currently benefitting from significant additional investment and undertaking a programme of work to transform its service delivery. This work has already yielded positive results, but there are plentiful opportunities for further improvement and considerable scope for a motivated and experienced individual to make their mark. Finally, note that there is opportunity for blended working (on site and from home), as well as a choice of bases, and that this post is eligible for relocation expenses.
Main duties of the job
You will have considerable autonomy to manage your teams across Herefordshire and Worcestershire. Your time will be spent on day-to-day operational management activity as you might expect: line management and associated HR activities, budgetary management, performance management, planning, liaison and so forth. You will be trusted to manage your time to achieve your aims. In addition, though, you will also be required to lead the IAPT Transformation Programme (ITP) a programme of work intended to radically transform the service and its outputs. Accordingly, you will need the presence of mind and flexibility to balance conflicting demands, and to prioritise and re-prioritise as circumstances dictate in pursuit of your overall strategic goals. You will also need to be skilled at expectation management, anticipating what your line managers, executives and stakeholders will need to know about the service and when, and communicating your chosen messages with skill.
We are community hospitals, neighbourhood teams and community health services across Worcestershire and the provider of Mental Health and Learning Disability services across both Herefordshire and Worcestershire. We work in partnership with other organisations to keep our community well at home for as long as possible.
We provide services for people of all ages, across a range of settings, experiencing both physical and/or mental health conditions.
We have an open and supportive culture, recognised by the CQC and other external regulators. We want you to thrive, offering you every opportunity to develop. We will support you; help you fulfil your ambitions with a varied and flexible training programme; and empower you to make positive changes within your team or service. We endeavour to offer an attractive work-life balance, with flexibility in our approach to help you get the most out of your career.
We provide our staff with direct access to a wealth of resources to support their wellbeing, from our Staff Mental Health and Wellbeing Hub, to wellbeing festivals or access to free online exercise classes.
At the core of our values, we are committed to equality, diversity, inclusion and human rights. We take every opportunity to strengthen our approach to equality and diversity in delivering best patient care and the employment of our staff.
We would encourage you to visit the Trusts Recruitment Microsite, click the Employer Website link.
Job description Job responsibilities
To be accountable for the management and delivery of services on a day to day operational basis across IAPT Services.
Hold Clinical Leads/Team Managers to account for the performance and quality of service delivery within their teams.
Forge relationships and play a key role as an interface between services/agencies, developing and sustaining joint working to ensure smooth transitions and pathways.
For full details of the duties and criteria for the role please refer to the job description and person specification attached.
Person Specification Experience Essential
- Significant experience in a substantive role at management level within the NHS or Social Care, including the management of staff
- Evidence of working at or above band 8a leadership level within Primary Care Mental Health / IAPT service
- Partnership working across health / social care organisations, both at primary care and secondary care levels
- Developing multi-disciplinary / multi-agency collaborative working
- Experience of developing policies and procedures
- Experience of budget management
- Experience of implementing change management programmes
- Experience of business/service planning
- Evidence of managing external contracts
- Good working knowledge of mental health and IAPT Services.
- Understanding of the agenda affecting primary care mental health including services that contribute to IAPT KPIs and interfaces between primary and secondary care mental health services
- Knowledge of key policy relating to the delivery of IAPT services.
- Knowledge of national and local agendas, standards, targets and priorities.
- Understanding of the corporate agenda of the Trust.
- MSc in a relevant subject or working towards Masters level qualification or equivalent experience
- An appropriate professional qualification in Health or Social Care
- Management qualification or equivalent expertise gained through experience
- Recognised Evidence of continuing personal development
Additional Criteria Essential
- Commitment to providing the best quality service possible for service users
- An advocate for mental health services
- Able to meet the travel requirements of the role
Skills & Abilities Essential
- Ability to challenge poor behaviour.
- Role modelling good behaviour.
- A positive attitude and able to act on feedback.
- Ability to praise and be supportive to others.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in English in both verbal and written formats.
- Ability to work within a team, but able to work alone and make difficult decisions if required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Facilitation skills.
- Good negotiating, influencing and problem solving skills.
- IT literate and able to use PAS systems etc.
- Ability to evaluate data to inform service improvement/change.
- Excellent leadership skills.
- Ability to lead and motivate and develop teams/services
- Ability to interpret complex information and policy guidelines
- Project management skills
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.