Are you aspiring to lead and wanting a new challenge?
If so, then you need to talk to us!
We are looking for a dynamic and enthusiastic Clinical Lead to join our Multi-Disciplinary Team. We are seeking a Clinical Lead with appropriate knowledge and leadership skills who has a passion for quality improvement and leading people. As a Clinical Lead you will be responsible for providing leadership in delivering high quality nursing care utilising a range of approaches including codes of conduct, evidence-based practice, standards and systems . You will support, advise and educate the nursing team ensuring high quality care is given
Main duties of the job
You will be working in a multidisciplinary team which includes medical staff, Allied Health Professionals (including Occupational Therapy and Physiotherapy), a Health and Fitness team and peer support workers/volunteers. Our therapeutic environment includes dedicated therapy rooms, and a large gym.
As a member of the team, you will support the delivery of responsive, evidence-based, recovery focused care to everyone in our care. If you are currently a band 5 or 6 RMN looking for the next step and you would like to work where you can make a real difference, there's no better place to be than Bowmere.
Bowmere operates 24 hour cover therefore, you are required to work shifts which will include nights. There are a variety of shifts available and all requests for flexible and part time working will be considered.
Bowmere Hospital is Chester's mental health unit. We offer high quality, recovery focused care to adults & older adults. Our wards are:
- Juniper Ward - is a 24 bedded ageless, functional, acute admissions ward. Juniper is a great place to work if you enjoy using your physical health skills
- Beech Ward - is a 22 bedded mixed adult acute admissions ward for people aged 18-65 offering assessment & treatment to the people in its care. Beech cares for people in the acute phase of their illness
- Cherry Ward - is our organic ward. With just 11 beds it's a friendly ward. It would be a fantastic experience for someone looking to specialise in dementia care
- Willow Ward - is our PICU. You will have the opportunity to look after people in the most acute phase of their illness & support them to begin their recovery
- Rosewood - is an 18 bedded rehab ward with 2 self-contained flats, if you enjoy working with people who are close to the end of their time in in-patient services this is the ward for you
- Maple - is also an 18 bedded rehab ward, focussing on people with a forensic history. If your calling is to work with forensic patients in a rehab setting Maple is the ward for you
Whichever one of our wards you chose to work on you'll be working in a multidisciplinary team. Our therapeutic environment includes dedicated therapy rooms, & a large gym.
We will provide you with free on-site car parking as well as excellent access to public transport. There is a discounted, onsite nursery also.
Job description Job responsibilities
Please download a copy of the job description for full details.
Recruitment selection processes are based on competence (see Person specification) and values.
CWP recruits people that can demonstrate the Trusts Values and Behaviours in their everyday life. Therefore, if you are invited to interview, you will be undertaking aValues Based Interview/Assessment,
which explores not only what you do but how and why you do it.
Before applying, we encourage you to review the Trusts Values and Behaviours which are the 6 Cs Communication, Competence, Courage, Care, Compassion and Commitment. A Guide to completing your application form can be accessed on the right side of this page under the job description.
The Supporting Information Section in your application should therefore reflect your understanding of the Trusts Values and associated Behaviours. You will be expected to provide us with examples from work experience and/or personal life which demonstrate these values through your behaviour.
If your disability meets the definition set out in the Equality Act 2010, and you can show that you meet the essential criteria described in the person specification for an available position, please answer YES to the question: Do you wish to be considered under the Guaranteed Interview Scheme? Please also inform the team if you have any special support needs to be considered as part of the interview and selection processes.
We offer a guaranteed interview scheme for our Armed Forces community. Please answer YES to the question in the application form.
All new clinical support staff will be required to have completed or working towards the Care Certificate (CWP In-house 2 day training to be completed within 6 months of start date).
Please note applicants will be required to pay for their DBS check. Costs are deducted from salary following appointment.You are encouraged to enrol for the DBS Update Service. A small annual fee of £13 per year applies.
New entrants to the NHS will commence on the minimum of the scale stated above.
CWP encourages and supports all staff to become vaccinated against COVID-19.
Applicants are advised to apply early as if a large number of applications are received for this post we reserve the right to close the vacancy prior to the advertised date.
If you experience any technical difficulties or need help when making an application please contact our Recruitment Team on 01244 393100.
Good luck with your application. We hope to welcome you to Team CWP very soon.
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- NMC Registered Nurse RMN or RGN
- Evidence of Continued Professional development.
Knowledge and Expertise Essential
- High level of clinical expertise.
- Understanding and appreciation of national policy and health/social care issues.
- Clear understanding of social inclusion/equality/diversity.
- Ability to work collaboratively across organisational boundaries.
- Knowledge of cultural diversity within the healthcare setting.
- Awareness of current mental health issues, debates and practice.
- Knowledge and understanding of physical health needs.
- knowledge of the MHA and MCA
- A willingness to undertake further training.
- Relevant, post-qualifying experience at band 5
- Experience of working in a multidisciplinary environment.
- Supervision experience
- Working with service users with severe mental health problems utilising user/carer involvement.
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.