An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a team within Bradford District Care NHS Foundation Trust across Bracken Airedale centre and the Dementia assessment unit Lynfield Mount.
We are looking for kind, enthusiastic, caring, compassionate, and motivated people who really want to make a difference to people's lives, and who can also help us realise our ambitions to serve the people living across West Yorkshire a, so that they can access high quality, specialised care as close to home as possible. Closing Date- 29th January 2023 Shortlist Date- 30th January 2023 Interview Date- W/C 6th February 2023
Main duties of the job
To support the provision of timely discharge of patients from both Bracken and DAU. Commencing discharge planning at the point of admission in collaboration with families/carers and social care where appropriate. Undertaking/ overseeing appropriate assessments and liaising with social care staff, funding panels and future care placements.
Highlighting any difficulties with placement of patients to senior management team. Ensuring close working relationships with all professionals across the pathway both internally and externally.
Everything we do is underpinned by our core values: - We Care
- We act with respect and empathy, and always value difference We Listen
- We understand people's views and respond to their individual needs We Deliver
- We develop and provide excellent services and support our partners
We will consider a variety of flexible working arrangements to enable staff to balance their work and home lives and support staff by offering a fantastic range of benefits including :
Additional cost of living payments for bands 1 - 7
Increase mileage rates for > 3500
A wide range of health and wellbeing support packages
A range of internal and external development and learning opportunities
Plus many more.
We are also proud to pledge our support to the Armed Forces and hold a Bronze Award in the Defence Employer Recognition Scheme.
BDCFT is dedicated to environmental and social sustainability by delivering on the commitments within our Green Plan. All staff are actively encouraged and supported to participate in training and to identify and implement sustainable quality improvement across all service areas and activities.
Job description Job responsibilities
Please read the attached Job description and the person specification for more details about this role.
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- Registered social worker with professional degree or diploma. RNLD, RNMH, RGN, OT, Social worker, SLT, Physiotherapist or other relevant professional qualification
- Appropriate statutory professional body registration
- Maintains a portfolio of CPD in line with regulatory body standards
- Must be willing to participate in any relevant training identified to develop skills required to carry out duties
- Leadership and management training
- To have a thorough understanding and knowledge base of Dementia and those with Mental health needspatient group and the current challenges
- To have knowledge of the funding processes and agencies involved
- Knowledge of basic research methodology.
- Knowledge of the different demands /challenges that need to be managed in the community.
- Awareness of the current Learning Disability standards and pathways
- Experience in clinical field
- Experience with completing/ overseeing the completion of assessments in a comprehensive and timely manner and to a high standard.
- Arranging and management of meetings regarding funding
- Supporting carers/relatives
- Extensive knowledge of the MCA and experience of completing complex capacity assessments.
- Experience of Learning Disability Services
- Working in partnership with other agencies/services
- Effective interpersonal communication skills
- Able to manage the ward caseload to facilitate timely discharge
- Ability to hold professional meetings to discuss funding and placement.
- Interact therapeutically with distressed persons.
- Highly skilled interactions with members of the MDT and families
- Able to work as a team and recognise when to escalate work issues.
- An Enhanced CRB Check will be required for this role.
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.