This post works within the locality of Swansea Bay University Health Board
The Swansea Bay area, which covers Swansea and Neath Port Talbot, is a diverse, friendly and stunning part of the UK, which offers a fantastic work-life balance.
Home to the UK's first Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty - the Gower Peninsula - and many beautiful beaches and mountains to explore, joining us means you'll get fantastic career opportunities coupled with a wonderful quality of life. Why join Swansea Bay CAMHS?
The Swansea Bay CAMHS Team are employed by Cwm Taf Morgannwg University Health Board and serves the children and young people living in Swansea & Neath Port Talbot - services are therefore delivered in the geographical area of Swansea and Neath Port Talbot.
The Swansea Bay CAMHS Team benefit from the strong relationship within Swansea Bay UHB services including paediatric psychology, and the multi-agency partnership across Swansea and Neath Port Talbot - the West Glamorgan Partnership. The Partnership includes CAMHS, education, children's services and the third sector and believes that children & young people's emotional & mental health is everybody's business.
If you're looking for an opportunity to work with children and young people within a variety of settings and if you want to be a part of an innovative organisation driving forward services, Swansea Bay CAMHS is the place to be and can offer exceptional development and experience for your CAMHS consultant career
Main duties of the job
THIS POST IS FIXED TERM FOR UPTO 6 MONTHS DUE TO MEET THE NEEDS OF THE SERVICE
Applications are invited for a consultant child and adolescent psychiatrist to join Swansea Bay community Child and Adolescent Mental Health Service (CAMHS), hosted by Cwm Taf Morgannwg UHB CAMH Services Managed Clinical Network.
This is a 10 session locum consultant CAMHS post, which has become vacant due to internal staff movement within the Service, although there are opportunities for flexible and part time working for interested candidates.
The successful candidate will join a clinical team consisting of Consultant Psychiatrist colleagues, CAMHS Nurses, Advanced Nurse Practitioner, Clinical Psychologists, Therapists in various therapeutic modalities (including CBT and systemic), Junior Medical Staff and Support workers to deliver the community CAMH service within the Swansea Bay area.
English and/or Welsh speakers are equally welcome to apply
This post works within the locality of Swansea Bay UHB, although is employed currently via Cwm Taf Morgannwg UHB
- We listen, learn and improve
- We treat everyone with respect
- We all work together as one team
We are a proud local employer; around 80% of our 15000 workforce live within our region, making our staff not only our lifeblood of our organisation but of the diverse communities that we serve.
urther benefits of working for SwanseaBay CAMHSinclude:
- Free parkingat all of our hospital sites
- Annual Leave- You will receive a generous annual leave allowance of 27 days leave a year plus bank holidays, rising to 29 days after five years and 33 days after ten years service.
- Health and Well-being- Health and well-being initiatives are available across the Health Board, including discounted gym membership at a vast number of centres across Wales.
- Occupational Health -All employees have access to our occupational health services: the service can support staff with stress management, confidential counselling and seasonal vaccinations.
- Generous ContributoryPension Scheme
- NHS Discounts- access to a range of discount schemes including Blue Light Card and other schemes.
- Development -Excellent ongoing paid training and development opportunities.
Job description Job responsibilities
You will be able to find a full Job description and Person Specification attached within the supporting documents or please click Apply now to view in Trac
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- On specialist register for Child & Adolescent Psychiatry or equivalent clinical experience or eligible within 6 months
Knowledge, personal skills and abilities Essential
- Commitment to team approach and multidisciplinary working
- Evidence of teaching medical students and junior staff
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Relevant experience in Child & Adolescent Psychiatry.
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.