Applications are invited for the opportunity to work within the Acute Care Directorate of Birmingham and Solihull Mental Health NHS Trust, as a dedicated inpatient consultant psychiatrist.
The post holder will provide consultant leadership input to George Ward, which is a 16 bedded male acute inpatient unit.
Applicants must have full registration with the GMC, MRCPsych or equivalent.
Section 12 (2) approval, approved clinician status and CCT accreditation in General Adult Psychiatry or within 6 months of obtaining CCT, with experience in Acute Psychiatry are essential.
Main duties of the job
You must be comfortable working as a member of a multidisciplinary team, be flexible in your approach to change and be able to exercise leadership in order to provide a comprehensive and accessible service to individuals in the acute phase of mental illness. We are seeking applicants with the enthusiasm necessary to serve the needs of a city enriched by cultural diversity.
If you enjoy being part of a team, are flexible, approachable and are looking for a stimulating role in mental health, we would be delighted to hear from you.
We welcome applications both from experienced psychiatrists with an interest in acute inpatient psychiatry as well as more newly qualified consultants embarking on their consultant career.
Please see the generic job description and individual job profiles for further details. For any enquiries please ringKerry Webb,Clinical Director, on 0121 3012318 or Dr Giles Berrisford, Deputy Medical Director, on 0121 301 2180 or contact Leonora Johnson, Medical Staffing Manager on0121 301 1245
The post is subject to the annual job planning process as agreed under the consultant contract. You will participate in an (approximately) 1 in 25 on call rota and you will be supported by an experienced multidisciplinary team, medical staff and secretary. The Trust is committed to continuing professional development and you will be encouraged to develop special interests, undertake research activities and forge links with appropriate academic centres. There is an active teaching programme within the Trust.
Job description Job responsibilities
The post holder will provide consultant leadership input to George Ward, which is a 16 bedded male unit. The post holder will also participate on the community urgent assessment rota.
Person Specification Scoring Essential
- MRCPsych or equivalent.
- Full GMC registration.
- Approved under Section 12(2) of the Mental Health Act (1983).
- Obtained inclusion on the Specialist Register.
- Be within three months of the award of a Certificate of Completion of Specialist Training(CST) in General Adult Psychiatry; or
- Be eligible for inclusion on the Specialist Register.
- Commitment to personal programme of Continuing Professional Development.
- Ability to work in a multidisciplinary team.
- A substantial experience of psychiatry, preferably gained within a range of secure. and non-secure settings.
- Demonstrable interest in the provision of gender sensitive mental health service.
- Commitment to clinical audit within multi-disciplinary team.
- Experience of teaching and training at an undergraduate/postgraduate level.
- Evidence of potential for effective leadership.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work creatively within multi-disciplinary team.
- Willingness to be involved in management of service.
- Able to participate in Consultant on-call rota.
- Able to travel
- Additional post-registration.
- Experience serving a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic population.
- Completed clinically relevant audit projects.
Certificate of Sponsorship
Applications from job seekers who require current Skilled worker sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. For further information visit the UK Visas and Immigration website (Opens in a new tab).
From 6 April 2017, skilled worker applicants, applying for entry clearance into the UK, have had to present a criminal record certificate from each country they have resided continuously or cumulatively for 12 months or more in the past 10 years. Adult dependants (over 18 years old) are also subject to this requirement. Guidance can be found here Criminal records checks for overseas applicants (Opens in a new tab).
Employer details Employer name
Birmingham and Solihull Mental Health NHS Foundation Trust
George Ward, Highcroft Hospital
190 Reservoir Road, Erdington
https://www.bsmhft.nhs.uk/ (Opens in a new tab)
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.