We have a vacancy for a clinical psychologist to join our expanding team in a developmental 7/8a role!
This is a fantastic opportunity if you are interested in working in eating disorders to join a close, supportive and containing team that is passionate about providing high quality care.
Main duties of the job
The job will involve supporting in the assessment and formulation of young people with eating disorders. Providing direct therapeutic work on both a 1:1 and group basis. Offering supervision to CAPs, trainee psychologists and other members of the MDT. Involvement in service development, training, audits and research. Offering consultation to other members of the MDT and the wider CAMHS network.
We're an NHS community and mental health provider Trust based in Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly. We deliver community and hospital-based care to improve people's physical and mental health. We also provide specialist support to people with dementia or a learning disability.
We are a people organisation and people matter to us. As part of the team, you'll help support the health and wellbeing of the people who live and visit this beautiful part of the UK.
Over 4,000 people make up the Trust. This includes doctors, nurses, therapists, plus admin and support staff.
We work in people's homes, in community clinics and bases. Some staff work from one of our 13 community hospitals. Our aspiration is to have great people, provide great care, be a great place to work and a great partner.
Just over 532,000 people live here. A third of people who live in Cornwall are supported by acute hospital services in Devon. As a result, we also work closely with our partners in Devon. In the summer, and during other holidays lots of people choose to visit the area. This increases the numbers of people who use our services
Job description Job responsibilities
To view a detailed job description and person specification including the main responsibilities of this role please see supporting documents.
Person Specification Education / Qualifications and Relevant Experience Essential
- Post-graduate doctoral level training in clinical counselling psychology
- Current HCPC registration as a Practitioner Psychologist
- Evidence of undertaking training in supervision.
- Managerial or supervisory responsibilities.
Skills and Aptitude Essential
- Skills in training preparation and delivery to a wide range of staff groups
- Skills in providing consultation to other professional and non-professional groups
Knowledge and abilities Essential
- Experience as a psychologist, working with children in either clinical or community settings.
- Experience of working with young children with severe emotional/behavioural difficulties.
- Experience of working with young people with eating disorders
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.