We are looking for an experienced social worker to lead our newly developed discharge team as a Discharge Team Manager
to ensure effective multi-disciplinary discharge planning and processes are an integral part of service user flow through our acute and older adult wards. You will work in collaboration with Trust staff, external agencies, housing services and other provider organisations to improve outcomes and the discharge experience for service users in Sheffield.
This is an exciting development opportunity for an experienced social worker to lead a team refining the discharge pathway for mental health service users. The post holder will use their experience and knowledge of discharge pathways, and out of hospital provisions, to influence discharge decisions; promoting the alternatives to restricted environments and working with service users and the clinical tams to increase confidence in the combinatorial impact of multi-agency working, balancing risk and responsibility.
Main duties of the job
You will lead on discharge planning and influence decision making around service user pathways, working collaboratively with staff and service users to identify appropriate support in the community.
You will work in a recovery focused and enabling way, ensuring the service user is at the heart of all decision making.
You will provide supervision and support to practitioners in the team and ensure a culture of learning and development, as well as receiving high quality support and supervision.
You will ensure progression of recovery focused discharge plans, working with social workers and other professionals, to ensure smooth, timely and effective transitions.
You will have a key role in quality assurance of the work of the team and meet legislative, regulatory, and policy requirements and you will set and monitor performance standards in the team.
The successful candidate will have extensive experience of working with service users both in hospital and community settings with a variety of complex needs and will be able to demonstrate a high level of leadership in a team setting. You will be able to demonstrate significant clinical experience and be able to support and motivate the team. You will ensure the principles of the Care Act, Mental Health Act and Mental Capacity Act are adhered to, and use your knowledge to ensure best practise within services.
This post is subject to banding approval under Agenda for Change.
We are passionate about providing the very best care to the people we support, and we're looking for amazing people who share this passion to join us.
What is it that makes our Trust such a special place to work? Well, it's all about the people. Our staff, service users, carers and families all come from such diverse backgrounds and all have expertise and stories to share.
It's important that you feel supported in your role, that the people who you work with are as passionate as you are and that your health and wellbeing is taken care of
If you're interested in developing your career, you'll have access to a range of training and education opportunities, including apprenticeships, work experience and placements, as well as the chance to get involved in research.
We are all very proud of the difference we make to people's lives each and every day and if that's something that you'd like to be part of we'd love to have you with us.
Job description Job responsibilities
As described in the attached job description and person specification you will be leading a team focused on progressing discharges from our wards in a timely manner, this will be across adult and older adult wards.
Person Specification Knowledge and skills Essential
- oKnowledge and experience in adult social care legislation, best practice, and quality assurance principles
- oExperience of facilitating and supporting robust discharge planning
- oExperience of Social Care Assessments and the processes of applying for funding
- oExcellent communication and interpersonal skills, particularly influencing, negotiating and leadership qualities to develop constructive working relationships
- oExperience working to Care Act 2014 principles
- oExperience of managing a number of clinicians
- oIn depth knowledge of mental health services within Sheffield
- oIn depth knowledge of services provided by Sheffield Health and Social Care
Training and Qualifications Essential
- Social work degree or equivalent Diploma
- Current registration with Social Work England
- Leadership qualification
- Approved Mental Health Professional or Best Interest Assessor qualifications
- oExperience of complex discharge planning
- oExperience of supervising and supporting staff and providing leadership
- oExperience of Social Care Assessments and funding processes
- oAbility to build good relationships with service users with complex mental health difficulties in a non judgemental way
- oAbility to think creatively to formulate successful discharge pathways
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.