Lewisham Talking Therapies/ IAPT (LTT) is growing rapidly in response to the broader ambitions of the Long Term Plan for mental health which sees IAPT services reaching out and further increasing access.
LTT is looking for a senior therapist who has excellent therapy and supervisory skills and understands the context of leading in a data and target driven service. The role requires the vision to deliver excellent outcomes and to innovate and develop a responsive service that adapts to the changing needs of the Borough. At the forefront of the agenda will be the aspiration to better meet the mental health and wellbeing needs of Lewisham's culturally rich and diverse population
Main duties of the job
The role currently includes leading the Step 3 team which incorporates a large CBT team and our counselling team who are delivering a range of therapies compliant with the IAPT model.
We welcome applicants who have leadership skills in a diversity and inclusion context and/ or who have experience working with long term health conditions.
The Lewisham Talking Therapies Service and the Trust offer a large variety of training and development CPD opportunities.
The post-holder would be encouraged to develop their skills as a leader in therapy services and supported to undertake further leadership training within the NHS.
The service operates a blended model of home and on-site working at a range of accessible sites in Lewisham.
Job description Job responsibilities
See attached JD/PS for further details of this role. Enquiries are welcomed: please contact Jackie Ganley for an informal discussion
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- Doctoral level qualification in Clinical/ Counselling psychology (HCPC reg) (A) CBT therapist having complete IAPT CBT course with full BABCP accreditation (A) Psychotherapist with UKCP/BACP accreditation (A)
- An additional therapy qualification/ accreditation eg EMDR; CBT; IPT; DIT; CfD
- Qualified as a supervisor in main therapy model
- Significant experience of delivering therapies in an IAPT service or similar brief treatment service
- Experience of supervising psychological therapists at all levels at least to Band 7
- Experience of team and individual performance management
- Experience in having responsibility for delivering a service improvement project
- Demonstrates ability in using data to inform practice
- Experience of working in other mental health settings involving liaison
- Experience in the investigation complaints and SIs
- Understanding the use and implementation of evidence based NICE treatments across a wide variety of presentations
- Knowledge of stepped care systems in mental health
- Knowledge of issues effecting equality of access to mental health services
- Understanding how to use data to inform provision in a diverse and complex Borough
Skills and abilities Essential
- Able to provide expertise in a specialist clinical area preferably CBT
- Ability to negotiate and bring on board others in complex interpersonal clinical and service situations
- Able to support individuals and teams through processes of change that may require significant changes in practice
- Ability to support teams to achieve service targets around activity and develop systems to review performance and flow
- Skills in IT including assessing performance via data
- Significant skills in designing clinical audit projects, implementing changes and taking responsibility from end to end
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.