Maternity cover needed for 9 months for post providing Dramatherapy to individual adults with severe and complex mental health problems. Lovely setting in large Victorian building with fully equipped Dramatherapy studio and potential use of grounds. Based within a team of arts therapists.
Main duties of the job
Main duties will be:
- Assessing and providing Dramatherapy to a caseload of adult clients, most of whom will have suffered complex trauma.
- Liaison with relevant other parts of the service, including discharge summaries
- Attending relevant meetings
About us About Devon Partnership Trust
We provide mental health, learning disability and neurodiversity services, as well as a range of specialist & secure services for the wider south west region & nationally. We are passionate about promoting good mental health & wellbeing. We strive to use the expertise & resources within our organisation, and through our partnerships, to deliver high quality services that are safe & focused on people's recovery. Our values
We not only recruit employees based on their qualifications & experience - we recruit individuals who possess and demonstrate the behaviours which underpin the core values of our organisation. These values include such attributes as showing a commitment to quality of care, improving lives of others, giving respect, dignity & compassion. We can bring those values to life in our everyday tasks by giving a smile; making time for people; challenging ourselves & others, & being open to new ideas.
We are committed to being an inclusive employer & applications are encouraged & welcomed from all sections of the community, regardless of any protected characteristics as governed by the Equality Act 2010. Part time & flexible working applications will be considered & supported, where possible. We particularly encourage applicants with lived experience of mental health & learning disabilities. We are a Disability Confident Leader Employer.
Job description Job responsibilities
Please see Band 7 Dramatherapist Job Description and Person Specification attached to this advert. All candidates must be HCPC registered qualified Dramatherapists.
Person Specification Planning and Organisational skills Essential
- Ability to manage and organise time available effectively
- Experience of working as a therapist in complex trauma
- Computer Skills
- Ability to work autonomously
- Experience of working under supervision in secondary care mental health services
- Additional training in trauma /mental health
Communication Skills Essential
- Excellent verbal, non verbal and written Communication Skills
- Experience of training others
- Masters Level Qualification in Dramatherapy from an accredited course
- HCPC registration
- Further training in area related to mental health
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.