We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced mental health nurse, occupational therapist or social worker to join the West Community Mental Health Team in York.
Main duties of the job
As a Senior Community Mental Health Practitioner you will have responsibility for the delivery and co-ordination of specialist psychosocial intervention to people with complex needs including psychosis, bipolar disorder, eating disorders and complex trauma. You will work alongside an experienced multi-disciplinary team and we will offer you clinical and managerial supervision, appraisal and talent management.
We would be particularly keen to hear from applicants who have an interest and intention to develop their clinical expertise to an advanced level and those who are keen to develop into leadership/managerial roles.
We are the Mental Health & Learning Disability NHS Trust for County Durham and Darlington, Teesside, North Yorkshire, York and Selby.
From education and prevention, to crisis and specialist care --our talented and compassionate teams work in partnership with our patients, communities and partners to help the people of our region feel safe, understood, believed in and cared for.
We nurture the recovery journey of anyone in need of our help. In Our Trust, everyone has a say in how they are supported and treated because we listen to every person in our care until they feel understood. Our patients, their families and carers work together with us towards better mental health.
We're committed to new thinking that improves the wellbeing of our region. We connect with our communities and partners to get mental health care right, in areas that really need it.
We won't rest until everyone in our region has the mental health care they need, to lead their best possible life.
Job description Job responsibilities
Please refer to the attached job description and person specification for further detailed information to ensure that you meet the role criteria before applying.
Additional informal enquiries: Emily Trayhorn, Advanced Nurse Practitioner 01904 736100
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- Current professional registration with an approved professional body.
- Evidence of Continuing Professional Development.
- For registered nurses: MIP, FLIP, ENB 998 Teaching & Assessing in Clinical Practice or City & Guilds 730 Teaching in Adult Education. Must be achieved within agreed timescale.
- Recognised sign-off mentor, clinical educator or equivalent. Must be achieved within agreed timescale.
- Key skills in literacy, numeracy and ITQ level 2 (or equivalent)
- Leadership or management qualification
- Post-graduate qualification in a relevant area
- Significant experience working with people with mental ill health in a care environment.
- Working collaboratively with service users and their families/carers
- Providing clinical supervision to individuals or groups as professionally appropriate.
- Mentoring or facilitating students on practice placement
- Working in a multi-disciplinary team
- Quality improvement activities
- Leadership or management experience
- Significant experience working with people with mental ill health in a community environment
- Provide leadership and monitor, co-ordinate and prioritise the activities of a team.
- Communicate complex and sensitive information effectively to patients, carers/families and all members of the multidisciplinary team.
- Work effectively as part of a multidisciplinary team and undertake lead professional / care co-ordinator responsibilities
- Provide effective clinical supervision, teaching, training and assessing in clinical practice.
- Write reports.
- Use multimedia materials for presentations in professional settings.
- Use approved breakaway techniques
- Competency in venepuncture
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.