We are delighted to be offering a fixed-term or secondment opportunity for a Principal (band 8b) Practitioner psychologist (0.8 wte) in our Community Adult Mental Health Services in West Sussex (Worthing ATS). We are looking for someone who can work with us on a fixed-term contract from January/ February 2023 until January 2024 to cover a vacancy in the team due to maternity leave. We anticipate this would be a great opportunity for someone looking to gain skills and experience as a Band 8b in order to progress in their career.
We are looking for a strong team-player with experience of working with adults with severe and enduring mental health difficulties and their families and carers.
Main duties of the job
As Principal grade, you will work closely with senior colleagues including the Consultant Clinical Psychologist for AAW, the Principal Practitioner Psychologist in Arun & Adur, as well as other senior colleagues. We are looking for someone with excellent clinical skills and an aptitude for engaging with colleagues, service-users and the 3rd sector in an innovative and positive way.
As a senior member of our PPT team in West Sussex you will lead on the psychology referrals pathway in your team, providing clinical leadership, consultation and supervision to the other psychological therapists in Worthing ATS. You will work closely with the team leads and wider MDT. You will carry a small clinical caseload, offering assessment, formulation and psychological treatments to people presenting with severe and enduring mental health difficulties.
Your career progression is important to us and we will provide local opportunities to develop leadership and supervision skills as well as opportunities to attend a range of funded trainings currently available to us such 'Feeling Safe', Slow Mo, and schema focused therapy.
Sussex Partnership provides mental health and learning disability care for all age groups across Sussex and for children and young people in Hampshire.
You will be joining a friendly community of psychologists and psychological therapists who bring a rich and diverse range of skills and experience. You will receive regular clinical and professional supervision from expert colleagues as well as a commitment to your own continuing professional development. We are committed to the promotion of excellent professional standards by embedding professional practice within the Trust clinical governance structures. Sussex Partnership NHS Foundation Trust promotes high quality clinical research, and our links with the R&D department are valued and strong.
Living and Working in West Sussex:
- Travel easily between coast and countryside, with a blend of picturesque villages and seaside towns
- Good schools and vibrant communities. West Sussex is also the sunniest county in the UK!
We'd love you to join our Trust, rated 'good' overall and 'outstanding' for caring by the CQC. Our staff agree, in our recent staff survey 82% told us that they recognise that care for patients is our top priority.
Key survey results include:
- 70% highlighting flexible working opportunities as a key point for satisfaction at work
- 79% reporting feeling able to make suggestions to improve the work within their team
- 77% identifying the opportunities to show initiative in their role
Job description Job responsibilities
In order to be a successful
Principal Practitioner Psychologistin our team you will:
- Be an experienced Senior Practitioner Psychologist, registered with the HCPC
- Have experience ofevidence-based assessments and interventions for people with severe and enduring mental health presentations.
- Be comfortable working in afast-paced and varied role, where you will support us in the development of our services.
It would also be advantageous if you are:
- Experienced in a leadership role and in providingsupervision, consultation and training
- Have existing expertise in CBTp and FI
We are committed to the promotion of excellent professional standards by embedding professional practice within the Trust clinical governance structures and we facilitate continuing professional development by a range of support structures including regular professional meetings. Sussex Partnership NHS Foundation Trust promotes high quality clinical research, and our links with the research and development department are valued and strong.
See attached Job Description and Person Specification for full details.
Please apply using the link in this advert, and do contact us for an informal conversation and to arrange to visit if you would find that helpful. We are really interested to hear from you.
To protect the health and safety of our staff/workers, patients, and those attending our sites, we encourage our workforce to get fully vaccinated against COVID.
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- Post-graduate doctoral level training in applied psychology [or its equivalent for those trained prior to 1996 or outside the UK] as approved by the HCPC, including specifically models of psychopathology, clinical psychometrics, two or more distinct psychological therapies and lifespan developmental psychology.
- Professionally registered as a Practitioner Psychologist with the Health Professions Council (HCPC)
- Significant assessed experience of working as a qualified psychologist
- Experience of working with a wide variety of client groups, across the whole life course and presenting with the full range of clinical severity across the full range of care settings including outpatient, community, primary care, in-patient and residential care settings severity including maintaining a high degree of professionalism in the face of highly emotive and distressing problems, verbal abuse and the threat of physical abuse
- Experience of exercising full clinical responsibility for clients' psychological care and treatment, both as a professionally qualified care coordinator and also within the context of a multidisciplinary care plan
- Doctoral level knowledge of research design and methodology
- Knowledge of legislation in relation to the client group.
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.