Are you an innovative, forward thinking, tenacious and motivated clinician seeking a new challenge within a transformative community system?
The Community Therapy Service based in South East Oxfordshire is seeking to recruit an Occupational Therapist to a static post to work in our community team. We are able to offer flexible working hours to suit your individual needs. The Community Services extended services hours of 8am and 8pm - 7 days a week.
Main duties of the job
Oxford Health Foundation Trust is part of the Buckinghamshire, Oxfordshire and Berkshire integrated care system who is one of seven national accelerator sites for the NHS Ageing Well initiative. This position provides the successful clinician with a rare opportunity to work within our community services to test, inform and finesse the development of the 2 hours community response and 2 day approach, and also to work within the routine pathway.
If successful, you will be involved in the following:-
- Working within a community team to undertake planned interventions for people in their own home.
- Support people to remain in their homes when they are having a health or social care crisis, rather than needing to go into hospital or a care home
- Help people get home from hospital quickly and provide them with rehabilitation and reablement to help restore their health, wellbeing and independence
- Deliver high-quality core therapy reablement, rehabilitation and recovery to people within their own homes
- Supporting and shaping the Ageing Well agenda by playing an active part in service level feedback and project groups.
So if you are looking for an exciting new opportunity, where you can help shape the future of community services then please get in touch.
Own car or access to alternative travel for business use is essential.
Full-time and flexible hours available.
Benefits of working for Oxford Health NHS Foundation Trust include:
- Excellent opportunities for career progression
- 27 days annual leave, plus bank holidays, with an increase to 33 days with continuous service
- NHS Discount across a wide range of shops, restaurants and retailers
- Staff accommodation
- Competitive pension scheme
- Lease car scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
Job description Job responsibilities DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES COMMUNICATION
To work as a member of the multidisciplinary team establishing effective relationships with colleagues to benefit the treatment of clients in each setting. This will include contributing to decision making about client care programmes.
To provide and receive information (some of which may be complex or sensitive) and may require tact or negotiation and to be able to manage barriers to understanding.
To communicate clearly the results of assessment, intervention and evaluation to referrers and others involved with clients.
To liaise regularly with other Occupational Therapists and clinical teams to develop/provide integrated services.
To provide support, advice and education to relatives and carers of clients.
To attend clinical and business meetings and other client and team related meetings regularly in order to establish and maintain effective communication networks.
To identify and communicate treatment shortfalls in the service to senior members of the team.
To attend professional Occupational Therapy forums on a regular basis.
To keep up-to-date paper and electronic clinical records which are stored securely in accordance with the Trust Information Governance.
To promote the role of Occupational Therapy in the multidisciplinary team.
To liaise regularly with manager and team concerning service provision.
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- Professional Qualification (Degree or equivalent)
- Professional Registration
- Post graduate education specifically relating to client group
- Previous NHS or S&CS experience
- Experience and knowledge of gold standard care pathways for stroke survivors
- Experience of working within an interdisciplinary team
- Good working knowledge of rehabilitation
- Good knowledge of community services
Relevant Experience Desirable
- In Patient Experience
- Evidence of Working with older People
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.