- Cygnet Health Care
- £120,000 a year (Depending on Experience)
- Closing date
- 13 Feb 2023
- CBT Therapist / Other
- Contract Type
- Part Time
We have an excellent part-time opportunity at Cygnet Hospital Beckton, our specialist inpatient mental health service for women based in East London
Main duties of the job
This role is based on Hooper Ward, Cygnet Hospital Becktons 12 bed acute mental health service for women. The service provides a safe and stabilising environment for individuals who are experiencing an acute episode of mental illness and require an emergency admission.
Cygnet Health Care was established in 1988. Since then we have developed a wide range of services for individuals with mental health needs, autism and learning disabilities within the UK.
We have built a reputation for delivering pioneering services and outstanding outcomes for the people in our care.
Our expert and highly dedicated care team of 10,000 employees empower 2864 individuals across 150 services to consistently make a positive difference to their lives, through service-user focused care and rehabiliation
Are you an outstanding Consultant Psychiatrist looking for new challenges, career development and a competitive salary?
We have an excellent part-time (4 days per week)opportunity at Cygnet Hospital Beckton. Cygnet Hospital Beckton is a specialist service for women, situated in the East End of London and has a good overall CQC rating.We provide a comprehensive service across four specialist wards; acute, Tier 4 Personality Disorder, Learning Disorder and Complex Personality Disorder for women with complex mental health needs.
This role is based on Hooper Ward, our 12 bed acute mental health service for women. The service provides a safe and stabilising environment for individuals who are experiencing an acute episode of mental illness and require an emergency admission.
In this role, your expertise will be the driving force for life-changing treatment fully supported by a Specialty Doctor and first-class multidisciplinary team.
And you'll have the opportunity to progress to Medical Director level through our management schemes.
At Cygnet, our perks go way beyond pension schemes and excellent professional development.
You'll also enjoy shopping, travel and leisure discounts as well as a range of healthcare and financial benefits to support you to be happy both in and out of work.
Apply now to enjoy excellent career prospects while reaping the rewards of making a difference to others every day.
Your role responsibilities
- Work as part of a multidisciplinary team (MDT)
- Take overall responsibility for patient treatment plans in conjunction with the MDT
- Assess referrals & undertake mental state examinations of service users
- Undertake appropriate investigations, diagnosis & treatment
- Participate in ward rounds & clinical audits
- Lead the implementation of risk assessment, risk management & embed clinical governance
- Supervise reports for Mental Health Act tribunals & managers hearings & attend hearings
- Participate in the 1 in 6/7 telephone on-call rota
Why Cygnet? Well offer you
- Salary up to £120,000 per Annum (depending on experience)
- Generous annual leave entitlement that increases with length of service
- Study leave & support with CPD opportunities
- Opportunity to undertake further learning and development
- Medical indemnity cover
- Company paid life assurance scheme
- Contributory pension scheme
- Free meals on duty & cycle to work scheme
- Access to the NHS Discount Scheme
- Smart Health Toolkit, providing fitness programmes, nutrition consultation & health checks
- Relocation package will also be considered
We are looking for someone who is...
- Fully GMC registered & MBBS (or equivalent) qualified
- Registered on the specialist register (CCT/CESR), Section 12 and AC Status
- Experienced & knowledgeable in adult psychiatry & mental health diagnosis, particularly Personality Disorder
- Knowledgeable of the Mental Health Act and Code of Practice, along with the Mental Capacity Act 2005 and Code of Capacity
- A first-rate communicator who can interview, assess & treat patients & write clear, comprehensive medical notes
- Committed to continued professional development
- Able to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- A member of the Royal College of Psychiatrists (MRCPsych) or equivalent
Successful candidates will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check.
Cygnet Health Care has been providing a national network of high-quality specialist mental health services for more than 30 years. We have built a reputation for delivering pioneering services and outstanding outcomes. Our expert care enables thousands of individuals to consistently make a positive difference to their lives.
We maintain a good relationship with our quality regulators and undergo regular inspections, with 85% of our services rated Good or Outstanding. We also operate an internal system of quality care, treatment and positive outcomes.
What next? If you care about making a difference we want to talk to you. Click the link to apply or email a copy of your CV to email@example.com
- Please refer to job description above
- Please refer to job description above
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.
Empowering people and making a positive difference
Cygnet Health Care was established in 1988. Since then we have developed a wide range of services for individuals with mental health needs within the UK. We have built a reputation for delivering pioneering services and outstanding outcomes for the people in our care. At Cygnet Health Care you’ll have the chance to make a real impact on patients, service users and their families. Our purpose is to care, enable & make a positive difference. Our vision is to be the preferred provider & employer of choice in our sector.
Our great team believe in -
- Patients, service users & their families are at the heart of what we do
- Making a real difference in people's lives
- Building caring relationships to improve mental health
Dedicated people who change lives together
At Cygnet, our people work across many different teams that pull together to achieve excellent outcomes for those in our care. So wherever your strengths lie, you can make the most of them with us – and enjoy a rewarding career that makes a significant difference to others.
Join one of our dedicated teams and be part of something meaningful:
- Leadership Team
- Doctors & Consultants Team
- Nursing Team
- Allied Health & Psychology Team
- Education Team
- Care & Support Team
- Hospitality & Non-clinical Team
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert