Surrey and Borders Partnership NHS Foundation Trust is a General Medical Council (GMC) Sponsor Employer.This opportunity is open to UK based and International Consultants
We are looking to recruit 2 full time Consultant in Paediatric Liaison /Crisis Team. This appointment is for 2 WTE (40 hours per week) Child and Adolescent Psychiatrists to cover East and West Surrey. The duties of the doctor will be predominantly devoted to the care and treatment of children and young people (CYP under 18 years old). The Crisis Intervention Service offers assessment, short term intervention and treatment across our 5 acute hospitals within Surrey and following their discharge into the community. You will be working closely within an MDT, enabling young people to be safely discharged with an appropriate safety plan or for consideration of hospital admission should a young persons needs and risks indicate this.
You should have certificate of completion of training or equivalent in CAMHS as well as having Approved Clinician status or working towards achieving it.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and energetic Consultants to work in our friendly, nurse led team. You will be working with another Consultant psychiatrist cross covering each other.
IT provision is in the form of a lap-top with remote access and a smartphone. Home visits and assessments on acute hospitals are regular and expected.
Main duties of the job
This is a new exciting and specific role based at FPH to act as Responsible Clinician for CYP coming from multiple areas including Surrey, NE Hampshire and East Berkshire. You will be providing leadership in shaping this service offer for CYP presenting with mental health, emotional and/or social care needs and who may also be placed on a section of MHA in the acute setting like a paediatric or medical ward.
As the Consultant you will work closely with the team members based at FPH from the CIS or PLN Service and be embedded within their team structures to receive the clinical and managerial support.
You will work closely to a named care coordinator and liaise with all relevant providers where a CYPS community care is with another service. Young people presentation may include common psychiatric disorders, mood disorder, psychosis, eating disorder and disordered eating. Our Offer:
- NHS Consultant grade £88,364 -£119,133 per annum + £149 fringe + on- call requirement
- GMC Sponsorship
- £15,000 recruitment premia over 3 years
- Relocation allowance: up to £8000 subject to policy requirement
- Sponsorship for International candidates up to £3,199
- Up to £2000/year CPD allowance subject to policy requirements
- NHS pension employers contribution 20.86% from day one
- Subsidised nursery places
- Car scheme tax savings up to £6000
- Discounted Nuffield Gym Membership and many more. Please check our benefits brochure for other benefits.
Surrey and Borders Partnership NHS Foundation Trust is the leading provider of health and social care services for people of all ages with mental ill-health and learning disabilities in Surrey and North East Hampshire. We also provide social care services for people with a learning disability in Croydon and ASD and ADHD assessment services in Hampshire.
We actively seek to engage people who use our services and our communities in improving the mental wellbeing of the local population. We work closely with other NHS and voluntary sector organisations who provide services and support people who use services and carers.
Surrey is a beautiful county lying just 30 minutes away from Central London and from the South Coast.
Our historic market towns and bustling districts are enveloped in wonderful countryside, and our excellent road and rail networks bring the rest of the country within easy reach.
For international travel, both Gatwick and Heathrow airports are nearby. Please note that we reserve the right to close posts as soon as sufficient applications are received.
We look forward to receiving your application!
Job description Job responsibilities
- This is somewhat a unique role, as having elements of interface with social care, paediatric acute colleagues and our Hope Service counter parts with support from the CIS team. We are committed to staff development and training opportunities.
- To provide a diagnostic, assessment and treatment service for children and adolescents with a mental health problem within the specialist service.
- To adopt a multi-disciplinary approach to care, promoting high quality multidisciplinary working and relationships
- To provide psychiatric support and consultation to other team members.
- To provide consultation and liaison with other services, primarily including social services and to residential settings and education.
- To hold clinical responsibility for their caseload of patients.
- To promote the development of close and effective working relationships with colleagues in allied agencies, notably childrens services and education.
- To record clinical activity accurately and comprehensively both in electronic case records and supporting data entry for service data systems
- To provide health information to other agencies where appropriate in accordance with the Trusts confidentiality and information sharing policies.
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- Current full GMC registration, licence to practice and revalidation, CCT in Child and Adolescent Mental Health OR
- Current full GMC registration, licence to practice and revalidation and higher trainee in child and adolescent scheme within 6 months of completion of training
- S12 approved or eligibility for it
- Post Membership Accreditation in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
- MSc /diploma in community child health
- Published research or audit
- Excellent clinical skills in relevant areas
- Good evidence of involvement in all aspects of clinical governance including experience of undertaking clinical audit and research tools
- Up to date knowledge of recent DH documentation and NICE Guidelines
- Experience in paediatric liaison, inpatient adolescent units
- Special interest in a relevant area of community child health
- Experience of providing child protection reports for the Courts
Skills and Knowledge Essential
- Knowledge and understanding of Multi-Disciplinary, inter-professional practice to include primary care and social services
Certificate of Sponsorship
Applications from job seekers who require current Skilled worker sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. For further information visit the UK Visas and Immigration website (Opens in a new tab).
From 6 April 2017, skilled worker applicants, applying for entry clearance into the UK, have had to present a criminal record certificate from each country they have resided continuously or cumulatively for 12 months or more in the past 10 years. Adult dependants (over 18 years old) are also subject to this requirement. Guidance can be found here Criminal records checks for overseas applicants (Opens in a new tab).
Applicants must have current UK professional registration. For further information please see NHS Careers website (opens in a new window).
Employer details Employer name
Surrey and Borders Partnership NHS Foundation Trust
https://www.sabp.nhs.uk/working-for-us (Opens in a new tab)
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.