*£6,500 relocation package available (criteria applies)*
We are pleased to advertise for a Band 7 Musculoskeletal Physiotherapist . In our large MSK team you will have extensive experience and expertise in managing the range of MSK conditions and in return will receive support in the form of a well structured supervision programme and access to internal and external training. You will have the opportunity to lead a small team in the department and develop staff. We also take undergraduate students on placement. Our service provides MSK physiotherapy to the patients of Enfield and the South Hertfordshire area. The successful candidate will be based at Chase Farm Hospital in Enfield and will have the opportunity to work at outreach clinics in this area.
This is a full time post only and the candidate must have NHS experience.
Main duties of the job
To perform comprehensive specialist physiotherapeutic assessment of patients with diverse presentations and complex physical and psychological conditions, to provide a clinical diagnosis and develop and deliver an individualised treatment programme.
To contribute to and support the implementation of specific changes to practice or contribute to service protocols with support and guidance from the MSK managerTo undertake all aspects of clinical duties as an autonomous practitionerIn line with the rest of the team, to liaise with GPs and Consultants and other professional staff in order to develop and maintain good working relationships
To develop and demonstrate specialist skills within the field and support management in an agreed area of musculo-skeletal care. Note interviews will take place on Friday 10th Feb 2023.
Enfield Health has a long history of managing the health needs of the diverse and multi-cultural population of this North London Borough. We pride ourselves on integrated working not only within the wider therapy team of which you will be part, but also with other health professionals in Acute and Primary care , local authority and voluntary sectors.If you do not know Enfield, we are on the edges of London and have easy access to central London as well as enjoying the benefits of the nearby green belt. We are a dynamic Trust - scoring '' Good'' during our latest CQC inspection.
Job description Job responsibilities Please kindly refer to the job description and person specification by clicking on the JD/PS attachment in the advert.
Person Specification Previous Experience Essential
- Band 6 level work in out patients. 5 years post grad-clinical experience including experience of core areas.
- Experience of working as part of a team.
- Substantial recent experience of management of Musculoskeletal conditions, including complex and chronic conditions.
- Experience of practice based physiotherapy and or lone working.
- NHS experience
- Valid UK driving licence with access to a car
Skills and Aptitudes Essential
- Excellent communication skills, able to communicate complex information to patients who may be emotional distressed or antagonistic.
- Ability to work as an autonomous practitioner.
- Ability to process, manage and communicate complex information. To do this in a sensitive and clear manner in order to ensure optimum understanding and co-operation.
- The ability to recognise and work with diversity. Fluent in written and spoken English including the ability to generate letters and reports of a high calibre.
Knowledge / Awareness / Understanding Essential
- Excellent grasp of the management of complex pain and chronic conditions.
- Awareness of Research and evaluation.
- Have an excellent understanding of clinical governance in relation to physiotherapy and the ability to apply principles to own area.
- Extensive relevant knowledge base underpinned by a broader physiotherapeutic base.
- Area of specific interest or expertise developed.
- Member of a Clinical Interest Group
Education / Qualification Essential
- H.P.C. Registration.
- Diploma / Degree.
- Evidence from C.P.D. portfolio of on-going relevant post-graduate training both theoretical and practical to a high level. This will be accredited at Masters or equivalent level.
- Member CSP
- Any other relevant training & education
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.