Job Title: Clinical Specialty Doctor in CAMHS Department: Hounslow CAMHS Neuro-developmental Service Base: Hounslow CAMHS, Heart of Hounslow Centre for Health, 92 Bath Road, Hounslow TW3 3EL Post: 5 days 1.0 WTE permanent post
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a dynamic and motivated Specialty Doctor who has experience in Child and Adolescent Mental Health to join our Hounslow CAMHS Neuro-developmental Team. You will be joining a team who are passionate about providing a positive experience of CAMH Services to children and young people who present with complex needs.
Main duties of the job
The post holder will be part of the vibrant Hounslow medical team (comprising of 4 Consultant Psychiatrists, 2 Higher Trainees, 2 Core Trainees in Psychiatry and 2 specialty Doctors) and the wider 3-borough CAMHS medical group. The post holder will be involved in urgent and duty work for the whole service enabling experience in other areas of child mental health, and will be offered high quality and consistent supervision from the Consultant Psychiatrist in the Neurodevelopmental Team. In addition, there are excellent opportunities for continuing professional development through the local academic programme, clinical work with other teams, development of special interests and study leave. Support will be provided for a post holder wanting to consider MRCPsych or CESR process.
West London NHS Trust is one the most inclusive and diverse providers of NHS mental and physical health care in the UK. We deliver services in the community, inpatient, specialist and forensic (secure) settings, across 30 main sites. We are a teaching Trust with a growing research portfolio, working with academic and industry partners and promoting patient and public involvement in research. We care for more than 99,000 people every year, serving a local population of 850,000 in Ealing, Hammersmith & Fulham and Hounslow.
Job description Job responsibilities
Working at WLT is more than just a job; it is a lasting and fulfilling career. Join us today and see for yourself. We offer all our employees a comprehensive benefits package:
- Annual Leave
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Car Pool
- Season Ticket Loan
- Learning and Development
- On site gym
- Staff Discoun
We will be requesting references. Please ensure you include email addresses and contact numbers for your referees which MUST be at supervisory or managerial capacity covering the last 3 years of employment to date to avoid delay in the recruitment process. If your current/most recent organisation is an NHS trust, we will be requesting one reference from your current line manager/HR department.
We are keen to ensure that our workforce reflects the community it serves, particularly in terms of ethnicity, gender, disability and experience of mental illness.
West London Trust is committed to safeguarding all children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Person Specification Education and Qualifications Essential
- oPrimary Medical Degree
- oFull registration with the GMC with a licence to practice at the time of appointment
- oGood standing with GMC with respect to warning and conditions on practice
- oEligibility for Approved Clinician status with Section 12 approval
- oEligible for inclusion in the Specialist Registrar or within 6 months of gaining CCT
- oHigher degree such as a Masters or PhD
- oAt least 4 years full time post graduate training (or equivalent gained on part time flexible basis)
- oAt least 2 years in a speciality training programme in psychiatry or as a fixed term speciality trainee in Psychiatry
Knowledge, Clinical expertise in specialty Essential
- oGood knowledge of Psychiatry
- oKnowledge and experience in psychopharmacology as applicable to CAMHS
- oTraining and experience on neurodevelopmental assessments: specialist autism assessments (eg. ADOS-2, 3DI, ADI-R or equivalent), ADHD and tic disorders assessments
- oExperience in a variety of therapies
- oAble to meet duties under MHA and MCA
- oTraining in medical/clinical education and supervision
Personal Skills Essential
- oWillingness and ability to work within a Multidisciplinary team.
- oWillingness to work flexibly, adapting approach to the clinical situation and changing service provision.
- oExperience of clinical supervision of junior Doctors
- oEvidence of continuing professional development
- oRegistered with Royal College of Psychiatrists for CPD
Clinical Audit and Research Essential
- oWilling to participate in clinical audit activities.
- oEvidence of participation in audit and/or research
- oInterest in clinical research
- oExperience managing junior staff, e.g. BMedSCI, DClinPsy, MSc and MD students
- oRelevant Publications
Other Requirements Essential
- oMobile and able to travel to all Trust sites
- oCommitment to and compliance with Trust values
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.