The Specialist Community Perinatal Mental Health Team is a multi-disciplinary team, which provides support for women who experience moderate to severe mental health problems or present with a high risk of relapse during pregnancy and the postnatal period. We provide multiagency training in perinatal mental health to other professionals and agencies working with women in the perinatal period in addition to offering consultation and advice.
The Team works across Bristol, North Somerset and South Gloucestershire. We have a shared care ethos, working closely with primary care, maternity services, adult mental health teams, early years' services and independent sector organisations to ensure that women can have access to specialist support, advice, risk assessment and care planning in relation to their mental health needs.
This is an opportunity for appropriately qualified professionals to work in this specialised field.
Main duties of the job
We offer assessment, treatment and psychological interventions aimed at treating mental ill health and enhancing the mother infant relationship, where mental health needs have impacted upon this. We provide multiagency training in perinatal mental health to other professionals and agencies working with women in the perinatal period in addition to offering consultation and advice. The team is able to work alongside women and their families from pregnancy until the babies first birthday, although this is currently being extended with recent long term plan.
We are AWP (Avon and Wiltshire Mental Health Partnership NHS Trust)
a diverse organisation with over 5,000 dedicated staff providing inpatient and community-based mental health care. We provide services from a range of locations to approximately 1.8 million people living in Bath and North East Somerset (B&NES), Bristol, North Somerset, South Gloucestershire, Swindon, across the county of Wiltshire and in parts of Dorset. Our outstanding people promote mental health and wellbeing. The expertise and resources within AWP are dedicated to a person-centred approach for those who use our services and for all employees. We recognise that happy and fulfilled employees give better care.
At AWP we actively encourage applicants from all backgrounds; we are particularly keen to encourage applications from people from Black, Asian and minority ethnic backgrounds, those with disabilities and from the LGBTQ+ community. We want people to bring their unique blend of experiences, backgrounds, perspectives and knowledge to AWP, as diversity makes us stronger.
Job description Job responsibilities
To undertake the full range of activities required to deliver ongoing comprehensive Mental health assessment for service users with severe and enduring mental health needs living in the community and in a range of settings.
Please see job description for further details.
Person Specification Professionally registered Essential
- Professionally registered member of staff with current registration
- Significant post-qualifying clinical experience obtained in a variety of settings in mental health
- Mobile and access to motor vehicle
- Experience of supervision / student mentorship
- Experience of working with women experiencing perinatal mental health needs and / or knowledge of demographic risk factors for this client group
- Understanding of clinical drivers and current priorities for perinatal mental health
- Demonstrates experience as a Care co-ordinator or equivalent role of complex cases.
- Good Experience of frontline assessment, risk assessment and management
- Experience of delivering teaching/training
Statutory awareness Essential
- Able to articulate an advanced and detailed understanding of the relevant legal Frameworks / legislation including CPA process, Mental Health Act, Mental Capacity Act and safeguarding both children and adults.
- Demonstrates a clear knowledge and understanding of the issues and statutory processes involved in caring for vulnerable people.
- Experience of contributing to and attending safeguarding meetings i.e. Child protection, MARAC, MAPPA etc
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.