Job Title: Occupational Therapist Band: Band 5 Hours: 22.5
A unique opportunity has arisen to join Lancashire and South Cumbria NHS Foundation Trust (LSCFT) to work as a Band 5 Occupational Therapist on an acute mental health unit.
LSCFT is an exciting place to be an Occupational Therapist and be highly valued in our Trusts approach to multidisciplinary care. We are committed to delivering excellent services, putting occupation at the centre of our work and championing people's rights for occupational needs to be recognised and addressed.
We are looking to appoint a dynamic, enthusiastic and forward thinking Occupational Therapist to join our team. You will need excellent communication skills and be able to demonstrate sound clinical assessment skills whilst having the ability to work autonomously as well as part of the wider MDT team.
This post is subject to an enhanced DBS Disclosure and the successful applicant will be required to pay for their DBS check
If you would like to discuss this post further, please contact:
Alex Bland, Senior OT, Restart and Recovery Team Alexandra.email@example.com
or Mags Quinn, in-patient service manager - 07790555075 Margaret.firstname.lastname@example.org
Main duties of the job
You will get the opportunity to attend LSCFT's well established preceptorship programme as well as support to develop your training and qualifications further through our learning academy. All band 5s will work with and receive supervision from skilled therapists to ensure they get the best experience in their new role. Peer support is also integral to the success of these posts. There are plenty of opportunities for professional development including evidence based practice forums and an AHP research forum.
Lancashire & South Cumbria NHS Foundation Trust provides a range of services including secondary mental health care across this area. Specialist provision comprises inpatient child and adolescent mental health services, perinatal mental health and forensic services including low and medium secure care.
The Trust also provides a range of physical health and well-being services in the community alongside a range of partners in the Lancashire, Cumbria and Sefton area.
Lancashire & South Cumbria Foundation Trust encourages flexible working, we believe that a positive work/life balance benefits NHS employees through improved health and wellbeing. We would consider working patterns such as; term time, part time, compressed hours, flexi-time and career breaks. We encourage applicants to state clearly on their application forms this request and discuss these options at interview.
For more information, please visit our website via Lancashire & South Cumbria NHS FT.
Job description Job responsibilities
Please see attached the job description and person specification for more information about this role.
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- Diploma/Bsc/Msc in Occupational Therapy (OT)
- Ongoing registration with HCPC
- Some knowledge of current best practice in OT
- Some knowledge of current best practice within mental health rehabilitation
- Understanding of professional ethics and their application in practice
- Understanding of team dynamics
- Basic knowledge of health legislation and current practice, including CPA and risk assessment and management
- Basic knowledge of the principles of clinical governance
- Health, safety and risk awareness
- Application of the OT process
- Broad range of under graduate practice placement experience
- Use of functional assessment and the analysis of occupation
- Positive learning from experience gained in mental health setting pre or post qualification
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.