We are searching for a motivated and innovative Clinical Team Leader (Registered Nurse - Mental Health) for Delderfield Ward at the Cedars in Exeter. We are searching for motivated and innovative qualified professionals across all our adult inpatient services in Devon. Join us and you will play a central role within committed and dynamic teams that are passionate about making a difference to peoples lives.
You will become part of a supportive multi-disciplinary team, using your skills, experience and leadership to help define and deliver a package of care to people on one of our mixed gender wards that helps them on their road to recovery. We believe that with our help, people can improve their mental health, to recover independence and return to their local community. This role is on a ward that operates on a 24/7 shift basis.
Main duties of the job
We are looking for Registered Nurse (Mental Health) applicants who have completed their preceptorship, mentorship, have experience at Band 5 working with adults with mental health problems and are able to lead a team, work creatively and effectively in the clinical environment. Successful candidates will demonstrate progressive skills in leadership, supervision, clinical practice, service development, risk assessment and risk management. We are seeking nurses who are also friendly, approachable, compassionate and motivated with good communication skills. If you are committed to providing person centred care with a sound knowledge of best practice within an Adult Inpatient Service, this could be the opportunity for you.
About us About Devon Partnership Trust
We provide mental health & learning disability services, as well as a range of specialist & secure services for the wider south west region & nationally. We are passionate about promoting good mental health & wellbeing. We strive to use the expertise & resources within our organisation, and through our partnerships, to deliver high quality services that are safe & focused on people's recovery. Our values
We not only recruit employees based on their qualifications & experience - we recruit individuals who possess and demonstrate the behaviours which underpin the core values of our organisation. These values include such attributes as showing a commitment to quality of care, improving lives of others, giving respect, dignity & compassion. We can bring those values to life in our everyday tasks by giving a smile; making time for people; challenging ourselves & others, & being open to new ideas.
We are committed to being an inclusive employer & applications are encouraged & welcomed from all sections of the community, regardless of any protected characteristics as governed by the Equality Act 2010. Part time & flexible working applications will be considered & supported, where possible. We particularly encourage applicants with lived experience of mental health & learning disabilities. We are a Disability Confident Employer.
Job description Job responsibilities
Please refer to the full Job Description and Person specification attached to this advert which will provide further information on this role.
Person Specification Experience Essential
- Substantial post registration experience
- Experience as a Band 5 in an acute inpatient setting
- Experience working within an MDT
- Clinical Supervision and Mentoring Experience
- Experience of managing staff
- Mentoring students in line with professional requirements
- A professional Mental Health Nursing qualification
- Evidence of PREP
- Teaching qualification e.g. Mentors 998
Knowledge, skills and abilities Essential
- An understanding of NSF Mental Health Act/ MH Capacity Act.
- CPA/Understanding of recovery principles in Mental Health.
- Communication and Working Relationship Skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Basic computer skills.
- Able to provide and receive complex sensitive information in relation to staff, service users, families and carers.
- Analytical & Judgemental Skills.
- Able to problem solve and assist others in this process.
- Effectively manage admission/discharges.
- Ability to assess and manage risk effectively.
- Lead and supervise staff to provide a high quality, effective service.
- Good liaison skills and ability to manage difficult and complex situations.
- Effectively able to manage own time and that of the team.
- Ability to work flexibly.
- Able to undertake nursing procedures e.g. manual handling, physical restraint.
Certificate of Sponsorship
Applications from job seekers who require current Skilled worker sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. For further information visit the UK Visas and Immigration website (Opens in a new tab).
From 6 April 2017, skilled worker applicants, applying for entry clearance into the UK, have had to present a criminal record certificate from each country they have resided continuously or cumulatively for 12 months or more in the past 10 years. Adult dependants (over 18 years old) are also subject to this requirement. Guidance can be found here Criminal records checks for overseas applicants (Opens in a new tab).
Applicants must have current UK professional registration. For further information please see NHS Careers website (opens in a new window).
Employer details Employer name
Devon Partnership NHS Trust
Delderfield Ward, The Cedars
https://www.dpt.nhs.uk/ (Opens in a new tab)
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.