The successful candidate will have excellent assessment skills and be able to work autonomously.
The Assessment & Liaison Team provides a service for people aged 18-65 who are registered with our aligned GP Practices and/or live in the London Borough of Croydon. We are a short term service who provides mental health assessment to service users who are experiencing moderate to severe mental health difficulties within the community. We also provide advice on the best treatment and care options available on mental health illnesses such as anxiety, depression, psychotic crisis or personality disorder.
We work with a team of health and social care professionals including nurses, doctors, social workers and psychologists. We also work closely with the service users, their carers, local organisations and GPs.
The Croydon Assessment and Liaison team situated at Jeanette Wallace House, Croydon is part of the South London and Maudsley mental health services in the community. GPs and other health workers refer individuals to this service. The team generally works with individuals for up to 12 weeks providing a holistic package of care in collaboration with the local care
Main duties of the job
To oversee and provide assessment, planning, of care to a group of service users within Croydon Assessment and Liaison team Ensuring records associated with this process are maintained. To work effectively within a multi-disciplinary team and across other agencies. To provide a high quality of care to individuals with complex bio psychosocial needs. The post holder will carry out procedures to a standard that ensures safe and effective care, and complies with their relevant professional code of conduct. The post holder will clinically supervise and appraise junior staff and students. There will be an expectation that the post holder will facilitate user involvement in all aspects of service delivery.
We are committed to ensuring our staff get the most out of their benefits package and understand the importance of a healthy work life balance. There is an extensive range of excellent benefits for you and your family. We want you to feel like you are part of a close knit team at SLaM. It's important to us that you feel valued and appreciated and that is why we have a comprehensive benefits package on offer.
Some of our benefits are highlighted here:
Other benefits include:
- Generous pay, pensions and leave, we offer a comprehensive pay, pensions and leave package which is dependent on the role and length of service.
- Work life balance, flexible working and supporting a range of flexible options, such as: part-time working and job sharing.
- Career development, There are plenty of opportunities to progress your career and we support your development through a number of programmes such as mentoring, coaching, positive people management, collective leadership and other talent programmes
- Car lease, our staff benefit from competitive deals to lease cars
- Accommodation, our staff benefit from keyworker housing which is available on selected sites
- NHS discounts, with discounts up to 10% from a variety of well-known retail brands through Health Service Discounts website.
- Croydon Carers Parking permit
- Counselling services
- Wellbeing events
- Long service awards
- Cycle to work scheme
- Season ticket loan
- Childcare vouchers
- Staff restaurants
Job description Job responsibilities
We are looking for a motivated and dynamic Nurse / Occupational Therapist or Social Worker to be part of our front line team. You will work with senior nurse practitioners within a GP clustered team delivering an enhanced liaison approach using an engagement and stabilisation model.
This involves liaising with primary care, completing baseline mental health assessments, crisis management supporting individuals to identify and understand their mental health difficulties and working out a joint treatment plan that will support them through the 12 weeks process, getting them the right treatment and care as soon as possible.
Excellent assessment skills are essential including an interest in working with mood anxiety and personality service users within a highly skilled team.
We offer peer, group and 1-1 supervision including on-going training opportunities within the PDP structure.
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- RMN, Social work, OT
- Evidence of continuing professional development.
- ooMentorship Course (or other relevant teaching/assessment course).
- An ability to develop therapeutic relationships with service users, identifying their care needs
- Experience in managing safeguarding issues
- Experience of managing a caseload
- Understand of the stepped Care Model
- Ability to assess and manage risks
- Experience of working in an MDT setting
- Experience of Interagency working
Knowledge and Skills Essential
- A knowledge and understanding of the needs of people with mental health problems
- Experience of racial awareness/diversity training/cultural competence
- A knowledge of evidence based interventions for people with complex mental health problems
- Knowledge of wider local organisations to support recovery plans for service users
- Ability to role model, reflect and provide evidence of conflict resolution
- Skilled in the communication of sensitive issues
- Able to independently conduct bio-psycho-social assessments and the safe and effective assessment and management of risk
- Ability to present information both written and oral and communicate this effectively
- Skilled in the assessment and monitoring of common physical health problems and able to deliver appropriate care2
- Able to work in a fast paced environment
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.