The post holder will work across both the Clinical Intake Team (0.5-6 WTE) and South Camden Community Team (0.4-5 WTE), they will be a senior CAMHS clinician in both teams, providing systemic family psychotherapy input and perspective.
The Clinical Intake Team is a mini-MDT that work at the front end of our Camden CAMHS community services, they support CAMHS referrals via screening, triaging and offer clinical perspective on where best a CYP and family's needs could be met. The team strive to maintain and nurture key working relationships within the service line and with our external partners. The postholder will work alongside senior colleagues and support junior members of the team in clinical decision making. We are excited about a new project: Integrated Front Door whereby the Clinical Intake Team will be co-located with our colleagues in Local Authority, this will give further opportunity for closer working relationships and ensuring that CYP and families experience a smoother journey in seeking the appropriate service for their needs. The postholder will work in tandem with the Clinical Intake Team Coordinator and Supervisor in moving forward with this project.
Main duties of the job
The post holder will hold a complex caseload within the multi-disciplinary team, undertaking a range of clinical assessments and offering highly skilled treatments or therapies that are outcome focused and evidence based, using appropriate therapeutic modalities. You will review cases where patients have impasses, complaints or disputes with their clinical care.
You will provide consultation to external agencies such as GPs/schools/Local authorities and expert consultation and specialist psychological advice to other staff and agencies outside the Trust
The post holder will communicate complex information in a highly skilled and sensitive manner, at times dealing with service users who may be hostile or present challenging behaviours.
You will maintain a high standard of clinical records, producing and maintaining good communications with referrers and other professionals involved, liaising with the referrers where appropriate, including liaison with local services and participating in outreach meetings
The post holder will contribute to the quality, safety and continuous improvement of services provided to service users and their families.
Camden CAMHS is one of the pilot sites for the Trailblazers' initiatives. We work alongside the Mental Health Support Teams and emotional wellbeing pathway, which are fully integrated in the community teams. We continue to strive to be an accessible, responsive and innovative service with patient care and patient experience at its heart. You will join the experienced, supportive and highly skilled senior systemic and family psychotherapist to strengthen and contribute to the systemic discipline which is developing in scope to meet the local needs. You will offer assessment and treatment to support children, young people and families/carers. You will provide specialist supervision of staff including systemic practitioners and trainees; consultation, teaching and training for staff within health, education, social care and third sector organisations.
You will have links with primary/secondary schools to provide CAMHS input. Experience, knowledge and skills in treating child and adolescent mental health issues using a systemic approach is essential for this role. There are other opportunities to pursue more specialist interests (including training and professional development) and contribute to service development, Quality Improvement, service user involvement, audit and research.
Job description Job responsibilities
You will join the South Camden Community Team (SCCT), one of the two Camden CAMHS Community Teams - Open Minded, to promote the emotional wellbeing of children, young people and their families. We are part of a large and vibrant Community CAMHS Service Line at the Tavistock Centre. You will join a multi-disciplinary team consisting of Clinical Psychologists, Family and Systemic Psychotherapists, Child & Adolescent Psychotherapists, Social Worker, Psychiatrists and many trainees studying at Tavistock Centre. We are proud to offer a dynamic, innovative and needs-led service with strong community links. We have a varied caseload of clients ranging from those who require preventative intervention and to those presenting with a high level of risk and complexity. We work closely with the multi-agency network and offer CAMHS input in schools.
Please see the attached Job Description and Person Specification.
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- Degree level as a minimum plus developed specialist and practical knowledge equating to postgraduate degree/ Masters level
- Registration with UKCP as a Systemic Therapist
- Registered with AFT as a Systemic and Family Psychotherapist Supervisor
- Evidence of clinical experience of working with client population. A clear track record of managing complexity and risk whilst maintaining high standards of service delivery
- A comprehensive understanding of the changing NHS and Social Care environment and the challenges they face
- Experience of working at all levels of the system with internal and external stakeholders
- Expertise of managing and treating the client group Some experience of clinical supervision
- Some experience of clinical management of staff
- Some experience of involvement in project work e.g. quality improvement
- High level of skill and knowledge in safeguarding and risk management
- Personal duty of care in relation to equipment or resources
- Basic keyboard skills for updating client records
- Ability to manage own clinical case load
- Willingness to contribute to strategic and business planning
- Skills for assessing and communicating complex client conditions and applying appropriate clinical treatments
Personal Attributes (demonstrable) Essential
- Demonstrate equality, diversity and inclusion awareness and application of EDI issues
- Proactive, positive and enthusiastic attitude
- Ability to work effectively within a team
- Ability to remain calm whilst under pressure
- Flexible approach to working hours to meet Services needs
- Ability to travel
- Keyboard / IMT skills
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.