Jenny Lind is an 8 bedded acute in patient ward for older adults with a functional mental health diagnosis that require in-patient care and treatment. The patients admitted to the ward often requiring admission often have complex physical co morbidities and applicants should have an interest in both mental and physical health care delivery.
The ward has a multi disciplinary team approach to deliver holistic care , including nurses, physiotherapists, occupational therapist, activity support workers , psychiatry consultants and junior doctors. You will also work alongside colleagues in Adult Social Care . Jenny Lind Ward welcomes and supports student nurses as part of our team.
Jenny Lind Ward operates a rotational shift pattern system over a 24 hours / seven day period. The shift starts at 0730hrs till 2000hrs and the night shift at 1930hrs till 0800hrs . There are 2 post, 1 is full time and the 2nd post is part time at 23 hours per week.
Main duties of the job
Your day will commence with clinical handover from outgoing shift and you will then plan the day ahead with your team. This will include allocation of patient care and therapeutic activities. Ensuring all activities of daily living are supported in a person centred way focusing on independence and well being. Medication administration, liaising with the medical and therapy team, care planning, risk assessments, discharge planning , MDT meetings and ensuring the Mental Health Act is correctly administered. You will supervise health care support workers and junior colleagues.
We are community hospitals, neighbourhood teams and community health services across Worcestershire and the provider of Mental Health and Learning Disability services across both Herefordshire and Worcestershire. We work in partnership with other organisations to keep our community well at home for as long as possible.
We provide services for people of all ages, across a range of settings, experiencing both physical and/or mental health conditions.
We have an open and supportive culture, recognised by the CQC and other external regulators. We want you to thrive, offering you every opportunity to develop. We will support you; help you fulfil your ambitions with a varied and flexible training programme; and empower you to make positive changes within your team or service. We endeavour to offer an attractive work-life balance, with flexibility in our approach to help you get the most out of your career.
We provide our staff with direct access to a wealth of resources to support their wellbeing, from our Staff Mental Health and Wellbeing Hub, to wellbeing festivals or access to free online exercise classes.
At the core of our values, we are committed to equality, diversity, inclusion and human rights. We take every opportunity to strengthen our approach to equality and diversity in delivering best patient care and the employment of our staff.
We would encourage you to visit the Trusts Recruitment Microsite, click the Employer Website link.
Job description Job responsibilities
For full details of the duties and criteria for the role please refer to the job description and person specification attached.
Person Specification Experience Essential
- Where the post holder is on or above the 2nd KSF gateway they will support the Clinical Coordinator role, as described as exceptional circumstances in the job description
- Promoting peoples equality, diversity and rights
- Ensuring actions contribute to quality
- Experience in managing a range of physical health conditions.
Skills & Abilities Essential
- Ability to demonstrate you are able to lead and support a team of staff
- A good understanding of physical health conditions and their management
- Ability to organise and respond efficiently to patients complex needs, assess, plan implement and review care for an allocated group of patients
- Ability to build effective working relationships
- Breakaway/Safety Interventions/Mappa training
- NEWS 2 experience
- Falls prevention and management
- RN Mental Health, RN (Adult) or RNLD
- Registered on the NMC register
- Evidence of continuing professional development
- Completion of preceptorship
- Student mentor & Assessor
- Knowledge and understanding of Mental Health Act,
- Knowledge of evidence based interventions for people with functional mental health diagnosis.
- Risk Assessments
- Knowledge of Mental Capacity Act and DOLS and the interface witht he Mental Health Act
Additional Criteria Essential
- Ability to work flexibly to cover a 24 hour/365 day service
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.