An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Band 6 Clinical Practice Lead on Bevan Ward Psychiatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU) in City & Hackney.
Applicants for this position will need to be a trained mental health nurse (RMN) with experience of having worked within adult acute mental health settings andor PICU.
Bevan Ward is a 15 bedded male PICU based within the City & Hackney Centre for Mental Health providing intensive secure care.
The service sets out to provide effective mental health care to help service users recover from a mental health crisis, and support their rehabilitation to get back on track with their lives.
All inpatients have a thorough assessment of their care needs and risk. This leads to the development of a comprehensive treatment plan. A tailored rehabilitation programme will be put in place for each patient focusing on their specific needs and issues.
Main duties of the job
- Develop and implement specialist programmes of care which could include individual and group interventions
- Ensure that care reflects individual and cultural needs
- Ensure that the ward environment is pleasant, clean, comfortable and suitable for its use at all times liaising with other departments as necessary
- Ensure that the service provides holistic care that incorporates excellence in physical health care managemen
- Ensuring that all practices are within the guidelines set out by the NMC and other professional groups and are in accordance with Trust policies
- Knowledge of safeguarding issues and management processe
- Additional skills, knowledge intervention might include non-medical prescribing, psychological therapy's, and family intervention
Our mission is to make a positive difference to people's lives by improving the quality of life for all we serve. Our values are: We Care, We Respect, We are Inclusive - so we are looking for people who live and breathe these qualities when supporting service users and carers, and in their relationships with colleagues in the Trust and our partner organisations
Job description Job responsibilities
Please could you kindly refer to the job description and person specification attached to this vacancy.
Person Specification Education and Training Essential
- Registered Nurse (Mental Health)
- Mentorship certification
- Completion of Preceptorship
- Significant experience at band 5 level or above
- Working with people with mental health problems/ learning disabilities
- Managing challenging and aggressive behaviour
- Working within a multidisciplinary team environment
- Experience of providing individualized and culturally sensitive care
- Supporting and supervising students and junior staff
Knowledge and Skills Essential
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to assess, plan, implement and evaluate care for complex patients
- Minimising clinical risk and reducing restrictive practices
- Able to work systematically and objectively in an environment with patients who can present high risk behaviours
- Able to manage time so that deadlines are met
- Emotional Intelligence and Personal Resilience
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.