: Band 5 Occupational Therapist Location/Base
: Rehabilitation and High Support Directorate (RHSD). Job Summary
To provide occupational therapy assessment, treatment and review of service users who experience serious mental Illness (SMI). The post holder will work at Rhodes Place and be responsible for an allocated caseload (under supervision). You will be expected to use your own initiative and clinical reasoning to plan and carry out treatment, run treatment groups and to contribute to the MDT management and treatment of our service users.
Main duties of the job Main Duties &Responsibilities
- To carry out appropriate assessment and treatment of allocated patients.
- To plan, conduct and participate in various treatment sessions in response to assessment and need.
- To provide clinical and other support to multidisciplinary team.
- To carry out 1:1 and group sessions.
- To work in close liaison with other disciplines involved in the care and treatment of patients allocated to you.
- To provide in-service training.
- To develop and maintain community links to increase social inclusion and community integration.
- To maintain strict confidentiality regarding any information concerning patients.
- To establish and maintain professional relationships with patients, their relations and friends and to support and promote patients' rights and identity.
- To be responsible for the day to day management of petty cash and its use to promote rehabilitation.
We are proud to provide high quality mental health and learning disability services, both inpatient and in the community across five boroughs of Greater Manchester - Bury, Oldham, Rochdale, Stockport and Tameside and Glossop.
Our vision is for a happier and more hopeful life for everyone in our communities and our staff work hard to deliver the very best care for the people who use our services. We're really proud of our#PennineCarePeople
and do everything we can to make sure we're a great place to work.
All individuals regardless of race, age, disability, ethnicity, nationality, gender, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, religion or belief, marriage and civil partnership are encouraged to apply for this post. We would also encourage applications from individuals with a lived experience of mental illness, either individually or as a carer.
Job description Job responsibilities
Please see attached job description and person specification to support your application for this post. Please refer to the essential criteria in the person specification which will highlight the skills, knowledge and experience you will need to demonstrate in your application, by way of example, to give yourself the best opportunity to be shortlisted.
Person Specification Education / Qualifications Essential
- Diploma / Degree in Occupational Therapy.
- Current State Registration Certificate
- Experience working in low secure / rehabilitation settings.
- Experience working in a mental health setting.
- Relevant clinical experience, such as clinical placement.
- Good understanding of the role of an Occupational Therapist in the mental health setting.
- Good understanding of MOHO theory and assessment.
- Good understanding of risk assessment.
- Understanding of Psychosocial Interventions (PSI) and the stress vulnerability model (SVM).
Skills and Abilities Essential
- Aware of the role of other members of the MDT.
- Aware of the limitations of Occupational Therapy
- Able to work as a team member, to manage own time, to complete a task and own caseload.
- Able to write clear clinical reports for interdisciplinary meetings, CPA and MHART.
- Able to work under pressure.
- Flexible to meet the needs of the service.
- Able to present information clearly in formal situations.
- Able to accept advice and to act on it.
- Able to set a good example to others.
- Negotiating skills.
- Able to use initiative.
- Aware of the needs of others
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.