Calling all Band 5 Registered Mental Health Nurse or Registered Nurse (Learning Disabilities) - both experienced and newly qualified..We serve a vibrant population with dedicated, dynamic and caring teams.We have Nurse Vacancies in Bedfordshire & Luton Services.We have Team across Bedfordshire and Luton, providing services across the lifespan, with opportunities in: * Inpatient Wards * PICU * Working Age * Older Persons Services * Child and Adolescent Service
Main duties of the job
ELFT has long been recognised as a centre of excellence for mental and health care, innovation and improvement. Our mission is to make a positive difference to people's lives by improving quality of life for all we serve. Our values are: We Care, We Respect, We are Inclusive - so we are looking for people who live and breathe these qualities when supporting service users and carers, and in their relationships with colleagues in the Trust and our partner organisations.
So it is a very exciting time for you to come and work for us.
Join our CQC outstanding trust in Bedfordshire & Luton, by applying for one of our exciting Band 5 opportunities within our in-patient wards.
We offer a nationally recognised Preceptorship programme, that is used as an example of regional excellence; with dedicated support to help you consolidate your knowledge and skills during the first six months of qualification and progress your career further.
ELFT offer exceptional opportunities for continued professional development and career progression; with development programmes for progression onto Band 6-8, with the emphasis on valuing your contribution and identifying clinical leaders of the future.
Our mission is to make a positive difference to people's lives by improving the quality of life for all we serve. Our values are: We Care, We Respect, We are Inclusive - so we are looking for people who live and breathe these qualities when supporting service users and carers, and in their relationships with colleagues in the Trust and our partner organisations
Job description Job responsibilities
Please kindly refer to the job description and person specification attached to this vacancy for further information.
Person Specification Education/ Qualification/ Training Essential
- oRegistered Mental Health Nurse or Registered Learning Disability Nurse
- Working with people with mental health problems/ learning disabilities
- Managing challenging and aggressive behaviour.
- Working within a multidisciplinary team environment.
- Experience of providing individualized and culturally sensitive care.
Knowledge and Skills Essential
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to assess, plan, implement and evaluate care.
- Minimizing clinical risk and reducing restrictive practices.
- Able to manage time so that deadlines are met.
- Ability to recognise stress.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Able to work sensitively and compassionately with patients.
- Emotional Intelligence and Personal Resilience
- To have knowledge of Mental Health presentations and appropriate interventions.
- NMC Code of Conduct.
- Knowledge of risk management and how to plan care to account for risk.
- Current Developments in nursing.
- Awareness of supervision and reflective practices.
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.