An exciting opportunity for Registered Mental Health Nurses has arisen to join Rotational Positions alternating between Moorland View Acute Inpatient Ward and Ocean View Rehabilitation ward. This is an exciting opportunity to gain a broad skill set within the 2 inpatient settings and the successful applicants will enjoy 6 monthly rotations between the 2 wards. Moorland view is a 16 bedded, well-established acute inpatient ward with a cohesive and experienced team as well as new preceptees within its establishment. Ocean view is our 8 bedded, Intensive Inpatient Rehabilitation ward, and also has a mix of experienced and preceptor staff. This will form part of the North Devon rehabilitation and recovery service.
Both wards are based at North Devon District Hospital, Barnstaple.
We are seeking full time, and experienced (completed preceptorship) band 5 RMNs to join the team which comprises a full Multi- Disciplinary range of staff. This includes Occupational therapists, band 4 OTAs, psychology input, activities workers, physical activities support workers and peer support workers.
- Relocation Package of up to £8k Available
- Eligible for the Refer a Friend Scheme
Main duties of the job
The Rotational Posts are a new initiative designed to offer a range of training in evidence based skills to enable the successful applicants to bring knowledge and skills to their interventions. The focus of the service will be to support recovery, provide hope and rehabilitation by delivering the intensive inpatient component of the care pathway to people with complex severe mental illness.
The role of the band 5 staff nurse will include full psychosocial assessments, promotion of social inclusion, development of independence, and maximising social, functional and self-management skills. There will be an expectation to enhance the involvement of, and provide support for family, friends and carers to ensure the team works in partnership wherever possible.
The environment of Ocean view is light, spacious and outside has a lovely garden area which we plan to develop into a suitable space to provide meaningful activities for our client group whilst engaging with nature. The will be a strong focus on physical health within the team.
The role will include rotation to nights and weekends, regular supervision opportunities and you will be working alongside colleagues who are highly skilled and experienced.
About us About Devon Partnership Trust
We provide mental health & learning disability services, as well as a range of specialist & secure services for the wider south west region & nationally. We are passionate about promoting good mental health & wellbeing. We strive to use the expertise & resources within our organisation, and through our partnerships, to deliver high quality services that are safe & focused on people's recovery. Our values
We not only recruit employees based on their qualifications & experience - we recruit individuals who possess and demonstrate the behaviours which underpin the core values of our organisation. These values include such attributes as showing a commitment to quality of care, improving lives of others, giving respect, dignity & compassion. We can bring those values to life in our everyday tasks by giving a smile; making time for people; challenging ourselves & others, & being open to new ideas.
We are committed to being an inclusive employer & applications are encouraged & welcomed from all sections of the community, regardless of any protected characteristics as governed by the Equality Act 2010. Part time & flexible working applications will be considered & supported, where possible. We particularly encourage applicants with lived experience of mental health & learning disabilities. We are a Disability Confident Employer.
Job description Job responsibilities
Please refer to the full Job Description and Person specification attached to this advert which will provide further information on this role
Person Specification Knowledge Essential
- Knowledge of ordering, storing and administering required medications
- Knowledge of possible side effects of medication
- Knowledge of the Mental Health Act 1987 (including updates)
- Knowledge of the Mental Capacity Act & Deprivation of Liberty safeguards
- Knowledge and skills in providing supervision
- Knowledge of CPA (Care Programme Approach)
- Multi-Disciplinary Working
- Understanding of Recovery principles in Mental Health
- Knowledge and understanding of both adult and childrens safeguarding guidance
- RMN/ Registered Nurse (Mental Health) with current registration.
- A willingness to complete Trust Mandatory Courses (will be required to complete and undertake relevant Physical Interventions training with adjustments considered if required)
- Experience of Adult and/or Older Persons mental health nursing and the nursing process
- Experience of working with people with a diagnosis of dementia
Skills & Abilities Essential
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
- Ability to form positive therapeutic relationships with service users, carers and other professional bodies.
- Excellent IT skills.
- Ability to engage in and lead (when required) MDT meetings
- Ability to assess situations, make decisions, coordinate and organise appropriate responses.
- Have an awareness and ability to maintain personal boundaries.
- Able to risk assess
- To be able to plan and implement all aspects of nursing skills.
- To demonstrate effective leadership skills, promote effective role model across the ward environment
- Be able to work as part of a team.
- To attend Mandatory Training for either 5 day or 3 day restraint (as determined by manager/service), Breakaway, Manual
- Handling etc.
- To be able to work on the internal ward shift rotation which includes night duties
- Knowledge of RiO electronic case notes
Applicants must have current UK professional registration. For further information please see NHS Careers website (opens in a new window).
Employer details Employer name
Devon Partnership NHS Trust
Ocean View / Moorland View
North Devon District Hospital, Raleigh Park
https://www.dpt.nhs.uk/ (Opens in a new tab)
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.