Ward Manager - Great Yarmouth Acute *£3k Welcome bonus included (T&Cs apply)*
We have an exciting opportunity for a Ward Manager to join our fantastic team on GY Acute. This post is ideal for someone who is interested in the acute patient pathway, innovative patient lead recovery and the want to drive the improvement of patient quality of care, safety and experience.
We are a mixed 18 bed acute ward for people who require the expertise of acute care during an acute episode. Working closely with CRHT, MHL and adult community services, we provide timely admission and support in a crisis, assessment and treatment, and ongoing care and treatment planning to support safe discharge in collaboration with internal and external colleagues
If you want to make a difference in people's lives, improve patient outcomes and work with an amazing ward team and across wider acute services, we want to hear from you!Main duties of the job
We are looking for an energised Ward Manager who can lead with creativity, bringing innovative ideas and passion towards providing excellent patient care.
We are looking for a strong leader who can take responsibility for results and support both the matron and junior members of the team. We are also looking for someone who has the confidence in their own conviction and decision making.
Communication is key. We are looking for someone who can communicate in a professional manner with a wide spectrum of people to achieve the best outcome.
Excellent organisational and problem-solving skills are a must for this role as you will be working in an environment where creativity on how to approach situations is key.
However most importantly and in keeping with our trust values of vales of Positively, Respectfully and Together, we are looking for someone who has exceptional people skills as this role requires you to make difficult decision whilst having to maintain professional relationships.About us
This is an exciting time to join NSFT as we commit to developing strong clinical leads as part of our nursing strategy.
We have welcomed and embraced working with Quality Improvement and have been able to extend our network by attending National QI conferences which have helped to share learning and ideas with other NHS Trusts across the country.
We believe that staff, who feel valued by their employers and are truly engaged, and able to provide better outcomes for our service users.
Benefits included with this role are:
Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- NHS pension
- a comprehensive in house & external training programmes
- career progression
- starting annual leave of 27 days per annum increasing to 33 days pa based on length of service (plus paid bank holidays)
- staff physio service
- gym membership
- NHS discounts and many more.
Please find attached our Job Description and Person Specification for more detail on your Key Accountabilities, then if you feel you have what it takes to make a difference in your local communities, click APPLY!
Interview dates are yet to be set; you will be contacted via email and invited to book a time. These emails may go to your SPAM, so please keep checking all your emails if applying.
Please visit our Facebook and Twitter page @NSFTjobs Interested?
Here at NSFT we pride ourselves on being a welcoming, talented, friendly and supportive team who like nothing better than sharing their experiences and learning from each other and are looking forward to welcoming you!
Come see for yourself, arrange a visit to Great Yarmouth Acute. We will support you and invest in you - don't miss this exciting opportunity.
**This post attracts a recruitment premium of £3,000 (pro-rata for part time roles). This is a one off payment with half paid on appointment and half paid after the completion of a satisfactory probation period (6 months). The premium is taxable. Please note that should you leave employment, or choose to move to an alternative post within the Trust that does not attract this recruitment premium, you will be required to reimburse all or some it, as follows: 100% of the value of the premium in the first 12 months; 50% of the value of the premium in the period 12 months to 2 years following appointment. Please note this recruitment premium is for external applicants only. Not applicable to newly qualified nurses**Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential Desirable
- Ongoing professional development working towards degree level. - Higher degree or post graduate certificate in area of clinical / therapeutic practice. - Post basic teaching qualification. - ILM certificate in management or equivalent
- Build on / develop further specialist knowledge of health promotion and recovery
- Knowledge of medication and the monitoring of its effects
- An understanding of the policies and guidelines both local and national e.g. National Institute for Clinical Excellence Guidelines.
- Able to demonstrate experience at a senior clinical level including some staff management/supervision experience
- Evidence of providing leadership in a Mental Health care environment including service development.
- Experience of working within a multi disciplinary team
- Competent assessment skills relevant to profession
- Able to effectively prioritise own work load
- Competent and effective treatment skills.
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.