The Trust provides a large range and diversity of adult secure services in the East Midlands as well as secure services in SouthYorksand Bassetlaw,WathwoodHospital. The Division is in a unique position of providing its services across the full care pathway for several patient groups requiring forensic care.It is therefore part of two New Care Model programmes that aim to provide better support in the community and reduce reliance on secure beds to improve outcomes for service users and their families.The portfolio of High, Medium and Low Secure servicesaregrouped as follows and include:
Services are delivered froma number ofsites including:
Main duties of the job
- High Secure inpatient beds at RamptonHospital;
- Medium Secure inpatient beds at Arnold Lodge&WathwoodHospital
- Low Secure inpatient beds at The Wells Road Centre
- Community ForensicServices;
- Integrated Offender Health Services
- Liaison with the Criminal Justice System in Nottinghamshire.
The Offender Health Directorate is one of the largest and most successful providers of prison healthcare in the UK. The Directorate provide physical, mental health and substance misuse healthcare services in prisons across the East Midlands, Lincolnshire&Leicestershire.
The Directorate provides healthcare to7Prisonsfor a prison population of over 10 000.You are part of a large peer group of 400+ healthcare professionals with access to peer support, supervision and excellent opportunities for learning and development.
We are committed to working in partnership with prison services, other healthcare providers and our criminal justice system partners to improve health, support justicetoreduce re-offending behaviour.The Offender Health Team truly believes it can make a difference to the lives of offenders by offering consistent, high quality care in primary, mental health and substance misuse services that are equivalent to health services delivered outside of Prison.About us
We have a huge variety of opportunities in our expansive Trust covering geographically from South Yorkshire, Nottinghamshire to Leicester, providing mental health inpatient and community services, community health services, forensic mental health services and secure prison healthcare across the East Midlands.
We have more than 100 sites and a huge scope of unique opportunities to develop your career and gain some amazing experiences. We strive to be a great place to work and offer many staff benefits and tailored staff support and wellbeing programmes. Do you want to make a difference?Do you believe in Trust, Honesty, Respect, Compassion and Teamwork?
Then Nottinghamshire Healthcare is the perfect place for you to start, maintain or further your career. Join our team of nearly 9000 who are making a difference every day. We are all about our people - our staff, volunteers, carers, service users and patients. We are NottsHC.
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter @NottsHealthcareJob descriptionJob responsibilities
If you are an outstanding mental health care professional (social worker , occupational therapist or other allied professions ) who is passionate about providing high quality care for a vulnerable patient group then we want to hear from you as we have a Band 6 post available at HMP Nottingham .
We expect you entered the healthcare profession as you wanted to have the opportunity to make a difference, a real difference to the lives and lifestyles of those with mental health problems and their families. Mental healthcare at HMP Nottingham gives you this opportunity to make this difference to a group of people who traditionally have had high psychiatric and social morbidity, who have often neglected their own mental well-being and have faced multiple barriers to accessing appropriate healthcare.
Working at HMP Nottingham, you will be part of a high quality and motivated team who provide integrated healthcare (physical healthcare, mental health and substance misuse services) to around 800 men. The mental health team has a psychiatrist, mental health nurses, a psychologist, assistant psychologist, IAPT therapist, high intensity therapist, a well-being worker and a Learning Disability nurse.
Offender Health directorate provides healthcare in eight prisons and an Immigration Removal Centre in the counties of Lincolnshire, Leicestershire and Nottinghamshire. As such you are part of a large group of 400 + healthcare professionals with access to appropriate peer support, supervision and excellent opportunities for learning and development.
As a result of some new and ongoing developments at HMP Nottingham you will also have the opportunity to help shape and determine the future of healthcare to this patient population. These developments include a well-being centre to provide enhanced support to those who are mentally unwell as well as to provide individual and group psychological and social therapies to those with personality disorders , prolific self-harm and those burdened by consequences of acute or developmental trauma.Person SpecificationQualificationEssential
- Registered Mental Health Nurse/learning disability practitioner (OT, Psychology, Social Worker)
- NMC registration in date or suitably skilled / trained / experienced allied health professional with current professional registration.
- A genuine interest in working with this client group and in Offender Mental health/ learning disability related issues
- Experience of working in Primary/Secondary Mental Health Services
- Effective case management/care planning skills
- Supervision and appraisal of staff
- Experience of working effectively within a MDT/interagency working
- Forensic and/ or prison/or criminal justice nursing experience
- CPA systems and processes
- An understanding of working with people with Personality Disorders and those who have experienced trauma.
- Knowledge and or experience of the ACCT process.
- Local and National strategies including issues relevant to the criminal justice system
- Good communicator with both verbal and written text.
- Organisational skills to manage and prioritise own work load
- IT skills including Patient Administration Systems (S1)
- Evidence of effective and appropriate documentation
- Ability to engage with and develop a rapport with the client group
- Evidence of working as part of a multi disciplinary team
- Effective problem and decision solving skills
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.