A fantastic and exciting 12-month fixed term/secondment opportunity has arisen for the post of Team Manager for Kingston and Richmond EIS, providing operational leadership and management for the team. The successful candidate will be reporting directly to the Clinical Manager of the service. This is a great opportunity for someone who is interested in developing their clinical and leadership skills. You will be supported by the clinical manager and wider service line management to develop your operational, management, and leadership skills and will initially receive weekly supervision with the clinical manager. In addition, you will be supported to attend relevant training/development sessions.
Team Manager for Kingston & Richmond Early Intervention Service (EIS)- 12-month Fixed Term/Secondment.
The Kingston & Richmond Early Intervention Service (EIS) is a specialist team for people aged between 18-65 who live in the boroughs of Kingston & Richmond presenting with a First Episode of Psychosis. The service complements the Trust's Community Mental Health Teams/Recovery Support teams and works closely alongside the Richmond Single Point of Access, Richmond Home Treatment Team and, inpatient services.
Main duties of the job
This role requires someone with drive, energy and a commitment to high performance standards and the delivery of excellent services. The post holder would be joining a supportive service line management team, with supervision and opportunities to participate in service development.
The post holder will co-ordinate mental health referrals and lead with day-to-day problem solving and navigation, both within the service and at the interface with other services and external organisations. The post holder will be working alongside the clinical manager and consultant psychiatrists and within the MDT.
The successful candidate will need to demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills, an aptitude for managing multiple demands and effective time management techniques whilst remaining calm under pressure. A positive outlook and ability to motivate others is also desirable.
You will be responsible for the monitoring and supervising of clinicians' caseloads using various IT systems, and you will work closely with the service's Senior Management Team to ensure the services delivered are of high quality and meet nationally agreed targets and local KPIs.
You would need to have excellent communication skills, pro-active, be able to work autonomously and in complex environments. Interested candidate would be expected to be able to think creatively,
innovatively and demonstrate ability to lead a team.
We offer a number of excellent staff benefits and understand the importance of a healthy work life balance. Some of our benefits are highlighted here:
- Generous pay, pensions and leave,we offer a comprehensive pay, pensions and leave package which is dependent on the role and length of service.
- Work life balance,we support a range of flexible options, such as: part-time working, job sharing, term-time working, compressed hours and Agile Working from home.
- Career development,There are plenty of opportunities to progress your career and we support your development through a number of programmes such as mentoring, coaching, positive people management, collective leadership and other talent programmes with secondment opportunities
- Subsidised car parking- You can park at any of our sites at a reduced rate of £20/month.
- NHS discounts,with discounts up to 10% from a variety of well-known retail brands though Health Service Discounts website.
Other benefits include:
- Eye examinations
- Looking after your health
- Cycle to work scheme
- Car lease scheme
- Season ticket loan
- Childcare vouchers
- Free gym membership
We look forward to receiving your application.
The Trust is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from people who have experienced mental health problems. South West London and St George's Mental Health NHS Trust is a smoke-free Trust.
Job description Job responsibilities
- Ensure the team provides a comprehensive evidence-based service.
- To work closely with the Local Authority in order to ensure that the operational policy works effectively and to develop any new protocols required.
- Contribute to service development.
- Establish a system for reviewing and monitoring how resources are used.
- To implement clinical and corporate governance at team level.
- Maintain responsive and effective financial management within an agreed health care budget and ensuring the Clinical Manager is kept informed on financial performance.
- Ensure the team members (including the doctors) contribute to the activity data collection (including RIO) in accordance with Trust policies and procedures.
- Facilitate and enable appropriate communication within the team, between other teams and departments across the Trust, service users, carers and other partner organizations
- Ensure the Trust policies on staff supervision, health and sickness, safety and equal opportunities are adhered to, and ensure that all staff absence (including the doctors) is recorded through an agreed team procedure.
- Co-ordinate the day-to-day operational process, to include caseload allocation, management and other duties as appropriate.
- Ensure that team members have a personal development plan and that training needs are meet.
- Provide supervision on clinical caseloads and ensure that all team members have appropriate clinical supervision.
- Ensure team members adhere to relevant professional code of conduct, keep up to date and meet professional requirements, in conjunction with the professional leads.
- To act as professional supervisor where appropriate.
Person Specification TRAINING & QUALIFICATIONS Essential
- Professional qualification appropriate to mental health or social care
- Evidence of Post Registration and CPD
- Management qualification at Diploma Level
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Demonstrable experience of health or social care management
- Experience of managing staff and resources
- Experience adult mental health
- Project or change management experience
- Experience in change management
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS Essential
- Ability to think creatively and strategically
- Ability to manage and deliver change appropriately
- Ability to build relationships across organizational and professional boundaries
- Team working skills
- Ability to analyse and interpret complex data
- Excellent communication and influencing skills
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.