We are seeking a Consultant Psychiatrist to join our In-Patient team on the newly refurbished Rose Ward (Functional) at Gosport War Memorial Hospital to support us on our improvement journey. As a senior psychiatrist, we are looking for a forward thinking, dynamic change agent who would offer first class clinical leadership within our Older Persons Mental Health services.
Main duties of the job
*We have a fully complemented CMHT across the PSEH Division.
*We have a newly developed Intensive Support Team to help support and manage OPMH crisis in the community.
*Close working links with Adult Mental Health Service including AMH Inpatient facilities.
*Trust-wide OPMH Clinical network.
*OPMH Transformation Programme.
The post holder will be based at Gosport War Memorial Hospital and will be responsible for providing clinical care, Responsible Clinician oversight and responsibility and treatment for up to 14 patients in a Functional ward as well as providing clinical leadership to the team.
The consultant will have the support of a dynamic middle grade doctor (Specialty Doctor or higher trainee). They will work alongside the Nurse Consultant [Approved Clinician] who will oversee the adjacent ward.
Rose Ward forms part of the in-patient OPMH service, together with Poppy Ward, both having 14 beds, with a fully complemented Community Mental Health Team, with Intensive Support team who provide a crisis and treatment Team based at Aerodrome House in Gosport. The post-holder will join seven other consultant colleagues in OPMH, 2 SAS doctors and 2 Specialty doctors supporting the Portsmouth and South East Hants OPMH services. The Leader-ship team provide daily support for clinicians across the whole Division.
The post holder, [depending on number of PAs] will be part of a combined Senior on call Rota, approximately 1 in 9 on call, Category A, 3% frequency.
Are you committed to providing remarkable care and service?
Are you passionate about helping people and want to make a difference every day?
We want to meet you!
Southern Health is one of the largest Foundation Trusts in the UK, specialising in mental health, adult and child community health and learning disabilities. We are committed to promoting the welfare and safeguarding of children, young people and adults at risk of abuse and neglect through our 6,500 strong workforce.
Southern Health has over 300 sites across the county and we serve 1.5 million people throughout all stages of their lives. Our aim is to work alongside the people we support (and our health and care partners) to deliver the best possible care and constantly improve.
Here at SHFT we have so much to be proud of:
- Working as a team and supporting each other, we put patients and our staff at the heart of everything we do.
- We have a skilled and diverse workforce and are committed to our staff development, offering bespoke training packages, leadership pathways and career opportunities.
- We offer a variety of benefits such as an amazing pension scheme, generous annual leave, Childcare Choices scheme, many discounts (Blue Light card, The Company Shop, NHS Staff Discounts, cycle to work scheme) and much more.
Come to work with us, together we will provide outstanding treatment and care to improve lives.
Job description Job responsibilities
For further details, job plan and person specification please find attached our full job description
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- Full Registration with the General Medical Council
- To hold Approved Clinician status at the point of taking up post
- MRCPsych or recognised equivalent
- Eligible for inclusion in the Specialist Register or within 12 months of CCT at time of interview.
- Approved under section 12(2) of the
- Mental Health Act 1983.
- Relevant Higher De-gree e.g. MD, PhD, MSc or other addi-tional clinical qualifi-cations
- Excellent knowledge in spe-cialty
- Excellent clinical skills using bio-psycho-social
- perspective and wide medical knowledge
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in Eng-lish
- Able to manage clinical com-plexity and uncertainty
- Makes decisions based on ev-idence and experience
- including the contribution of others
- Able to meet duties under MHA and MCA
- Wide range of spe-cialist and sub-specialist
- experience relevant to post within NHS or
- comparable service
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.