North West Sussex CAMHS Service have an exciting opportunity for a fixed term, LAS Psychiatrist
to join their locality team. This is an exciting opportunity to play an integral part in prioritising the delivery of a safe, effective and caring service to those children and young people (0yrs-18yrs).
Main duties of the job
To provide specialist medical / psychiatric assessment, treatment and aftercare services to the North West Sussex Community CAMHS team including urgent assessments of young people admitted to acute hospitals and under the care of the Duty and Liaison Team.
This post has been developed to enable prompt assessment of mental health difficulties, and contribution to multidisciplinary formulation to aid understanding and care planning, working with children / young people and their families in order to give early and prompt access to the formulation and review mental health difficulties and where appropriate for consideration to be given for medication in keeping with local and national guidelines.
To provide medical advice and consultation to a range of health and social care staff to promote effective delivery of person-centred mental health care.
The service we provide is in line with NICE Evidenced Based Treatment for those children and young people. You will provide high quality specialist clinical assessments, including relevant psychiatric and physical investigation to children, young people and their families in a range of settings, and work collaboratively with other members of the team to plan and deliver appropriate individually tailored treatment plans.
At Sussex Partnership we are committed to providing opportunities for flexible working
. If you would like to work differently or different hours to as advertised, please get in touch to discuss this in more detail.
Also, if you haven't thought about living and working in West Sussex
before then you should consider the following:
- Journey from the coast to the countryside in minutes
- Enjoy a lifestyle where there are renowned cycle routes and picturesque walks, including the famous South Downs Way in the South Downs National Park!
- Embrace taking time to discover all the miles of scenic coastline
- Easy access to airports - Gatwick and Heathrow are both within 90 minutes of the county, providing links to Europe and beyond
London is also within easy reach via local and national bus routes and national mainline stations.
Job description Job responsibilities
You will work as part of a friendly and supportive multidisciplinary team which includes nurses, psychologists, systemic family therapists and child psychotherapists. This post will work alongside Consultants and Specialty Doctors who work in Sussex CAMHS. You will also be part of a Trust wide SAS network where there are opportunities to liaise with colleagues in other posts throughout the Trust and develop peer networks. You will also see psychiatric peers at regular division meetings in the locality and at clinical governance meetings.
Sussex Partnership is committed to people participation, meaning that we involve patients and their carers and supporters, in service decision-making and planning. You will be expected to contribute to this shared value and to support the functioning of this service in the delivery of its participation strategy.
There is only so much we can say to you in an advert, so would love to speak to you about this role in more detail. For more information please see our contact details below!
Person Specification Essential and desirable Essential
- MB BS or equivalent medical qualification.
- 4 years at full-time postgraduate training or higher or equivalent experience with at least 2 years in a specialty training programme in a relevant specialty
- Fully registered with the GMC with a licence to practise at the time of appointment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
- Excellent knowledge in specialty
- Qualification or higher degree in medical education, clinical research or management.
- Approved under S12 OR able to achieve with 3 months of appointment
- In good standing with GMC with respect to warning and conditions on practice
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.