Worcestershire core CAMHS is seeking an experienced mental health professional. You will hold a current registration in a discipline such as nursing, occupational therapy, social work. You will understand the role and remit of a specialist CAMH service having an awareness of how moderate to severe mental health difficulties affect children and young people. As an experienced CAMH professional you are likely to have more in-depth training within a modality such as CBT, DBT or other and can share these skills and experience with our patients and your colleagues. The service aims to offer timely mental health assessment to children and young people who would benefit from this and in turn offer a range of treatments to assist and promote mental health recovery. This is a rare opportunity to join our team wprking alongside the team leads and clinicians.
The post is full-time. The base will be discussed with the successful candidate. there will be an expectation that the post holder will travel around the county to our various bases as required. Currently we offer a hybrid model of working. Clinical leads will be working a higher proportion of their week from base but there are excellent digital resources available to support home and remote working.
In return for your willingness to learn and take on this role we will offer peer, clinical and managerial supervision. Appropriate training is available to support your career development both internally and externally.
Main duties of the job
As a Clinical Lead within CAMHS you will work closely with the team leads and operational manager to ensure the safe and efficient delivery of the specialist mental health service commissioned for the children and young people of Herefordshire and Worcestershire. You will manage your own caseload and within your role you will provide clinical leadership within the multi-disciplinary team You will provide clinical supervision for an agreed number of staff but in addition you will be expected to support the other MDTs within the CAMH service. You will provide support to our Duty team on an ad hoc basis
Within the role of Clinical lead, you will participate in clinical audits and contribute to service development. You will act as a role model promoting high quality care you will keep updated on service developments and treatment options. As part of the clinical lead role, you will offer support to the management team advising on clinical concerns and investigating complaints and professional concerns
We are community hospitals, neighbourhood teams and community health services across Worcestershire and the provider of Mental Health and Learning Disability services across both Herefordshire and Worcestershire. We work in partnership with other organisations to keep our community well at home for as long as possible.
We provide services for people of all ages, across a range of settings, experiencing both physical and/or mental health conditions.
We have an open and supportive culture, recognised by the CQC and other external regulators. We want you to thrive, offering you every opportunity to develop. We will support you; help you fulfil your ambitions with a varied and flexible training programme; and empower you to make positive changes within your team or service. We endeavour to offer an attractive work-life balance, with flexibility in our approach to help you get the most out of your career.
We provide our staff with direct access to a wealth of resources to support their wellbeing, from our Staff Mental Health and Wellbeing Hub, to wellbeing festivals or access to free online exercise classes.
At the core of our values, we are committed to equality, diversity, inclusion and human rights. We take every opportunity to strengthen our approach to equality and diversity in delivering best patient care and the employment of our staff.
We would encourage you to visit the Trusts Recruitment Microsite, click the Employer Website link.
Job description Job responsibilities
Daily duties will include having responsibility for the assessment and management of a defined caseload of referred children, adolescents, and their families, and for liaising with other agencies which collaborate in the provision of the service
You will assist with building the links and shared visions of the two counties of Herefordshire and Worcestershire promoting the mental health needs of the children and young people of Worcestershire.
For full details of the duties and criteria for the role please refer to the job description and person specification attached.
Person Specification Additional Criteria Essential
- Comfortable with working under direction but able to use own initiative
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated
- Willing to commit to continuing professional development
- Able to meet the travel requirements of the role
- Experience in undertaking research projects / clinical audits
- Significant recent and relevant clinical experience post-registration
- Previous experience providing a service to children and young people within a multi-disciplinary team
- Able to demonstrate evidence-based practice
- Leadership experience / experience managing a clinical team
- Experience of working with patients with severe and enduring mental illness
- Experience of partnership working / liaison in inter-agency environment
- Able to demonstrate experience and skill in assessing mental health and risk
- Previous NHS experience
- Experience of working at Band 7
Skills & Abilities Essential
- Ability to challenge poor behaviour
- Role modelling good behaviour
- A positive attitude and able to act on feedback
- Ability to praise and be supportive to others
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in English in both verbal and written formats
- Able to communicate with all age groups
- Competent in tasks outlined in job description
- A current professional qualification (RMN, RSCN, Social Worker, Occupational Therapist, Clinical Psychologist)
- Evidence of continuous and recent professional development and post qualification training / studies
- Understanding of team work
- IT Literate
- Clinical specialism (CBT, DBT, Trauma)
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.