We are seeking a Specialty Doctor to join our team at Langley Green Hospital, Crawley.
You will work closely with the Consultant Psychiatrist within the team to provide specialist assessment and intervention to service users who require medical input. Jade ward is a 19 bedded acute general adult psychiatric ward. There will be a particular focus on ward reviews, new patient assessments, writing reports, tribunal hearings and discharge planning.
You will also work some sessions on Amber ward which is a Psychiatric Intensive Care Unit.
To find out more about what SPFT offer please take a look at our careers portal: https://careers.sussexpartnership.nhs.uk/
Main duties of the job
You will be a part of the ward team comprising of ward manager and staff within the multidisciplinary team on the ward and will actively participate in the admissions, assessments, treatment, ensuring appropriate physical health care needs and discharge along the patients' journey while on the ward. They will be supported by the ward matron and Clinical lead nurse manager.
At Sussex Partnership we are committed to providing opportunities forflexible working
. If you would like to work differently or different hours to as advertised, please get in touch to discuss this in more detail.
Also, if you haven't thought about living and working inWest Sussex
before then you should consider the following:
- Journey from the coast to the countryside in minutes
- Enjoy a lifestyle where there are renowned cycle routes and picturesque walks, including the famous South Downs Way in the South Downs National Park!
- Embrace taking time to discover all the miles of scenic coastline
- Easy access to airports - Gatwick and Heathrow are both within 90 minutes of the county, providing links to Europe and beyond
- London is also within easy reach via local and national bus routes and national mainline stations
Job description Job responsibilities
The main duties are discussed above. There is however a lot of scope to develop this role. Langley Green hospital is vibrant Hospital. It supports innovation and we are always motivated to look at Quality Improvement. The successful candidate can be supported to get enough experience to enter a training job or be supported to go through CESR.
Please see the Job Description for the full list of duties and responsibilities.
Sussex Partnership is committed to people participation, meaning that we involve patients and their carers and supporters, in service decision-making and planning. You will be expected to contribute to this shared value and to support the functioning of this service in the delivery of its participation strategy.
There is only so much we can say to you in an advert, so would love to speak to you about this role in more detail. For more information please see our contact details below!
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- 4 years at full-time postgraduate training or higher or equivalent experience with at least 2 years in a specialty training programme in a relevant specialty
- Fully registered with the GMC with a licence to practise at the time of appointment.
- Excellent knowledge in specialty
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
- Approved under S12 OR able to achieve with 3 months of appointment
- Wide range of specialist and sub-specialist experience relevant to post within NHS or comparable service
- Experienced in clinical research and / or service evaluation.
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.