Band 8b (30 hrs) Principal Clinical/Counselling Psychologist Walsall Child & Adolescent Mental Health Service (CAMHS) Based at Canalside, Abbotts Street, Bloxwich, Walsall, WS3 3AZ
This post will provide a highly specialist role to jointly lead the provision of a Clinical Psychology service within the Walsall CAMH multi-disciplinary team and to contribute a highly specialist psychological role to the CAMHS Dialectical Behavioural Therapy (DBT) Service. As a joint lead for the Walsall CAMHS Clinical Psychology team, the post holder will co-lead, consult and manage the psychology service and contribute oversight and leadership to the DBT service within CAMHS. This job requires the provision of highly specialist psychological assessments and interventions to children / young people (0-18), families, and parents / carers, as well as supervision, consultation, leadership and training to other professionals and organisations involved with or related to their care. Managerial experience and leadership potential are core to the role. This post will be supervised by the CAMHS Service Manager/Clinical Lead.
Main duties of the job
We are an energetic, friendly, and dedicated team working with children and young people from 0--18. Walsall CAMHS service operates from Canalside. We are a fully integrated MDT comprising Clinical Psychologists, Psychotherapists, Family Therapists, Nurses, Occupational Therapists, Social Workers, Psychiatrists and Family Support Workers. Within the team we offer a range of specialist assessment pathways and individual/group therapeutic interventions (e.g. DBT). We have a strong focus on continuing professional development, which includes access to superb training opportunities.
We have long standing connections with a number of educational establishments and offer placements regularly to trainees from a variety of disciplines.
As a Trust we are committed to increasing the quality of services and to providing services which are safe and supportive to families.
Please access the following link to see our staff talking about their experiences and what it's like working as a Psychologist in our Trust:
We take pride in supporting, developing, and engaging with our workforce. Staff engagement, recognition and wellbeing are vital to the success of our organisation, and we strive to provide a setting in which our staff can showcase their skills, innovative solutions, and dedication to healthcare.
By joining our Psychology Team, we can offer you:
- An opportunity to join a welcoming and friendly network of Psychologists
- Interesting and varied clinical work and opportunities to develop/consolidate your skills
Job description Job responsibilities
For further details regarding this post or an informal visit to the team please contact: Dr Gary Law (Clinical Psychologist; email@example.com), or Emma Fletcher (Service Manager/Clinical for Walsall CAMHS; firstname.lastname@example.org) on 01922 607 400.
Person Specification Criteria Essential
- Post-graduate doctoral level training in applied Psychology (or its equivalent) as accredited by the BPS including models of psychopathology, clinical psychometrics and neuropsychology, two or more distinct psychological therapies and lifespan developmental psychology
- Post-doctoral training in one or more additional specialised areas of psychological practice
- HCPC registration as an Applied Psychologist with Chartered Status
- Working as a qualified applied psychologist within a CAMHS service including a wide variety of client groups, across the whole life course and a range of clinical severity across a range of care settings
- Foundation training in Dialectical Behaviour Therapy and experience of delivering this intervention
- Registration with BPS
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.