We are offering a £8,000 Golden Hello to the next 8 external RNMs who are recruited to Wotton Lawn Hospital. These nurses must have 12-18 months post registration experience and not have worked for GHC during the past 12 months.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a registered Mental Health Nurse (RMN) to work with Gloucestershire Health and Care NHS Foundation Trust as a Band 5 Staff Nurse on Kingsholm Ward in our award-winning Wotton Lawn Hospital. Inpatient services within Wotton Lawn Hospital have been rated as 'Outstanding' by the CQC.
Wotton Lawn Hospital is an 88 bedded Adult Acute Inpatient Hospital situated in the heart of the historic City of Gloucester; within the culturally and geographically diverse county of Gloucestershire. The County of Gloucestershire has a lot to offer; including the city of Gloucester itself with its vibrant Historic Docks/Quays, Canal, Cathedral and Kingsholm Rugby Stadium; the city of Cheltenham Spa, with its vibrant shopping centre, arts, music and theatre, and its famous racecourse, home of the Gold Cup Festival; the county is also home of the Royal Forest of Dean and the Cotswolds (AONB). Gloucestershire as a county is centrally positioned geographically; with good travel links to other areas of the UK.
We provide a service to our patients 7 days a week, 24 hours a day, so you will need to be able to work rotational shifts.
Main duties of the job
We are now seeking a highly motivated and committed Band 5 Staff Nurse to complement our current multidisciplinary team. As the ideal candidate for this post you would be an RMN seeking an opportunity to make a real difference to people's lives, with excellent communication skills and a passion for helping those experiencing an acute mental health concern.
Wotton Lawn Hospital prides itself on providing a vital service to the citizens of Gloucestershire in supporting their journey to recovery from an episode of acute mental ill health. All wards are serviced by an enthusiastic, multi-professional team of people, including Registered Nurses, Nursing Associates, Health Care Assistants, Doctors, Occupational Therapists, Physiotherapists, Health and Exercise Practitioners, Psychologists, and other allied health care professionals. Kingsholm Ward is a busy 15 bedded, male, adult acute admissions ward.
In return for your commitment we will provide the opportunity to participate in a comprehensive induction and Mental Health Nurse development programme (including a comprehensive Preceptorship Programme for newly registered nurses) which ensures that you feel fully supported with the right tools to undertake this challenging, but rewarding job. We will provide you with access to Post Registration training courses to help staff meet both your own identified continued professional development needs and the developing needs of this service.
At Gloucestershire Health and Care NHS Foundation Trust, we are supportive of the people we care for in the community and aim to provide a fully responsive service to everyone who needs it. This is the same approach we take for our employees. We look to value the skills and experiences of those we work with, whether they are service users, carers, families or those looking to work with us.
Gloucestershire Health and Care NHS Foundation Trust is part of the NHS. We treat NHS patients according to NHS principles and standards. The difference is the Trust is accountable to local people, rather than to Government, and so we are able to work closely with our community to develop services in the way that best suits the needs of local people.
Job description Job responsibilities The qualification, training & experience requirements for the role are underlined in the Job Description/Person Specification. Please refer to the Additional Information attachment before submitting your application. If you think that you would like to be involved in this rewarding service and would like to find out further information about this opportunity please contact Ward Manager, Holly Fear, on
01452 894 396 or emailHolly.Fear@ghc.nhs.uk
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- Registered Nurse Mental Health (RNM)
- Evidence of continued professional development
- Evidence of formal post registration learning
- European Computer Driving Licence (ECDL)
LENGTH AND / OR NATURE OF EXPERIENCE Essential
- Experience of working within an In-Patient or residential setting
- Working knowledge of Early Intervention, Primary Care, Recovery, Crisis Resolution & Home Treatment (CRHT) approach and social inclusion
- Experience in the provision of Crisis Resolution Home Treatment
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office packages, e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher and Outlook
- Experience of collaboration working with other agencies including the voluntary sector
- Completion of preceptorship programme if less than 1 year experience
PROFESSIONAL / MANAGERIAL / SPECIALIST KNOWLEDGE Essential
- Knowledge and understanding of the Mental Health Act & legal aspects of Mental Health care
- Demonstrable skills in risk assessment and management
- Knowledge of the different approaches to mental health assessment
- Knowledge of evidence based intervention with service users in an all phases of mental illness
- An understanding of national policy in relation to mental health
- Up to date clinical knowledge including risk assessment, dual diagnosis and health and social care needs
- Knowledge of child care / protection issues
- Ability to work on social factors affecting mental distress e.g. accommodation, substance misuse, domestic violence, welfare rights
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.