First level qualification, RMN, RNLD or DipSW or Occupational Therapy
Following recent internal recruitment Lancaster & Morecambe CAMHS/CPS/ADHD now have a vacancy for a full time, band 5 Mental Health Practitioner to join the team based at Ross Centre, Morecambe.
Main duties of the job
The successful candidate will work as part of a multi-disciplinary team providing high quality assessments and clinical interventions with children, young people and their parents/carers referred to our service. You will contribute to the business aims of the service through joint working, consultation, and training. You will be expected to participate in ongoing PDR's, supervision and complete all required mandatory training.
Applications are invited from Registered Nurses, Social Workers and Occupational Therapists with suitable experience working within mental health services who have a genuine interest to work within this specialist area.
The post is subject to enhanced DBS clearance.
Lancashire & South Cumbria NHS Foundation Trust provides a range of services including secondary mental health care across this area. Specialist provision comprises inpatient child and adolescent mental health services, perinatal mental health and forensic services including low and medium secure care.
The Trust also provides a range of physical health and well-being services in the community alongside a range of partners in the Lancashire, Cumbria and Sefton area.
Lancashire & South Cumbria Foundation Trust encourages flexible working, we believe that a positive work/life balance benefits NHS employees through improved health and wellbeing. We would consider working patterns such as; term time, part time, compressed hours, flexi-time and career breaks. We encourage applicants to state clearly on their application forms this request and discuss these options at interview.
For more information please visit our website via Lancashire & South Cumbria NHS FT
Job description Job responsibilities
Please see attached the job description and person specification for more information about this role
Person Specification Education Essential
- First Level Qualification i.e. Nursing OT/Social work
- Information technology skills sufficient to the undertaking of the post
- Additional further training or experience in CAMHS
- Good interpersonal skills
- An ability to assess and develop treatment plans to support young people with mental health problems and their families
- Specific skills and knowledge in evidence based therapeutic interventions relevant to this client group
- Experience working in mental health services providing support for young people and families
- Experience in working with children with mental health problems
- Managing own workload with effective liaison with others
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.