The Brighton CAMHS and SPFT Medical Education Teams have an exciting opportunity for a permanent, Child and Adolescent Mental Health (CAMHS) Consultant Psychiatrist
with a special interest in Medical Education to join their teams.
This is an exciting opportunity to play an integral part in prioritising the delivery of a safe, effective and caring service to those young people with mental health difficulties and their families/carers within Brighton and Hove. Along with developing CAMHS teaching for the SPFT Undergraduate Medical Education Team, for Brighton and Sussex Medical School.
This job attracts aRecruitment and Retention payment of £25,000,
in addition to(up to) £8000 relocation allowance.
The RRP payment is paid in the following instalments:
- £5000 payment paid on appointment
- £5000 retention payment paid at 12 month anniversary of employment
- £6500 retention payment paid at 30 month anniversary of employment
- £8500 retention payment paid at 48 month anniversary of employment
The Recruitment and Retention payment is pro rata for part time employees. If you would like further information, or to know the full terms of the Recruitment and Retention Payment and/or the Relocation Allowance, then please do not hesitate to contact our Medical Staffing Team - firstname.lastname@example.org
To find out more about what we offer please take a look at our careers portal:https://careers.sussexpartnership.nhs.uk/
Main duties of the job
You will provide high quality specialist clinical assessments, including relevant psychiatric and physical investigation to children, young people and their families in a community setting, and work collaboratively with other members of the team to plan and deliver appropriate individually tailored treatment plans.
Sussex Partnership is committed to people participation, meaning that we involve patients and their carers and supporters, in service decision-making and planning. You will be expected to contribute to this shared value and to support the functioning of this service in the delivery of its participation strategy.
BSMS offers a distinctive and innovative course that prepares its graduates to enter an ever-changing and developing world of healthcare. Offering early clinical contact with patients and carers, and interactions with health professionals in the hospital and community settings. BSMS is proud of the quality of it's teaching, which is reflected it's consistent position among the top medical schools in the National Student Survey. Psychiatry is taught clinically in both year 3 and year 6.
At Sussex Partnership we are committed to providing opportunities for flexible working
. If you would like to work differently or different hours to as advertised, please get in touch to discuss this in more detail.
Brighton CAMHS is located in the Aldrington Centre (Hove), while BSMS is located on the University of Brighton and Sussex Campus's at Falmer, Brighton.
Also, if you haven't thought about living and working in Brighton and Hove
before then you should consider the following:
- Journey from the coast to the countryside in minutes
- Enjoy a lifestyle where there is a dynamic City but easy access to the South Downs National Park including renowned cycle routes and picturesque walks, including the famous South Downs Way!
- Embrace taking time to discover all the miles of scenic coastline
- Easy access to airports - Gatwick and Heathrow are both within 90 minutes of the county, providing links to Europe and beyond
- London is also within easy reach via local and national bus routes and national mainline stations
Job description Job responsibilities
You will work as part of a friendly and supportive multidisciplinary team which includes nurses, behaviour support workers and psychologists. This post will work alongside other Consultants and Specialty Doctors who work in Sussex ChYPS.
You will also be part of a Trust wide consultant network where there are opportunities to liaise with colleagues in other posts throughout the Trust and develop peer networks. You will also see consultant peers at regular division meetings in the locality and at clinical governance meetings.
There is only so much we can say to you in an advert, so would love to speak to you about this role in more detail. For more information please see our contact details below!
Please note the Job Description is still with the Royal College for approval. If there are any small changes we will ensure all applicants receive the final version before interview.
Person Specification Criteria Essential
- MB BS or equivalent medical qualification.
- Fully registered with the GMC with a licence to practise at the time of appointment.
- Included on the GMC Specialist Register OR within six months.
- Approved clinician status OR able to achieve within 3 months of appointment
- Approved under S12 OR able to achieve with 3 months of appointment
- Holds and will use valid UK driving licence OR provides evidence of proposed alternative.
- Excellent knowledge in specialty
- Excellent clinical skills using bio-psycho-social perspective and wide medical knowledge
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
- Able to manage clinical complexity and uncertainty
- Makes decisions based on evidence and experience including the contribution of others
- Able to meet duties under MHA and MCA
- Able to deliver undergraduate or postgraduate teaching and training
- Ability to work in and lead team
- Demonstrate commitment to shared leadership & collaborative working to deliver improvement.
- Participated in continuous professional development
- Participated in research or service evaluation.
- Able to use and appraise clinical evidence.
- Has actively participated in clinical audit and quality improvement programmes
- Ability to work in a participatory way so that shared decision making and conversations around formulation/diagnosis and ongoing care are a collaborative endeavour with the people who access our service.
- Qualification or higher degree in medical education, clinical research or management.
- Additional clinical qualifications.
- In good standing with GMC with respect to warning and conditions on practice
- Wide range of specialist and sub-specialist experience relevant to post within NHS or comparable service
- Able to plan and deliver undergraduate and postgraduate teaching and training relevant to this post
- Reflected on purpose of CPD undertaken
- Experienced in clinical research and / or service evaluation.
- Evidence of achievement in education, research, audit and service improvement: awards, prizes, presentations and publications.
- Has led clinical audits leading to service change or improved outcomes to patients
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.