An exciting opportunity has arisen for the position of a staff nurse for Gloucester Ward at Thurrock Community Hospital. A unique career opportunity to become a key member of the nursing team, you must be enthusiastic, motivated with good communication skills, and the ability to work under pressure. You must be a team player and willing to go the extra mile for our residents care.
Main duties of the job
The post holder is responsible for the development, implementation and evaluation and holistic assessment of patients with complex organic mental health nursing care needs and the development, implementation and evaluation of inpatient treatment plans. Upholding the Recovery and social inclusion model will be upheld, reducing anti stigma.
The post holder will have completed preceptorship or will be required to complete their preceptorship and will work under the overall supervision of a Band 7 or 6 Supervisor
EPUT are looking for motivated staff who shares our Trust values of Open, Compassionate and Empowering. In return, EPUT can offer you a range of benefits and development including;
- Season Ticket Loans
- NHS discounts for staff
- Excellent Training facilities and opportunities
- Buying and Selling annual leave scheme
- The opportunity to work bank shifts and expand knowledge and experience in other areas
- Salary Sacrifice schemes including lease cars and Cycle to Work
- Day One Flexible Employer
The Trust supports and actively encourages flexible working for all employees. We offer many options and you are encouraged to ask the recruiting manager what is possible for this role. If appointed, you will have the opportunity to apply for a flexible working request from the first day of your employment
Join our Staff bank
What is Staff Bank?
Our EPUT NHS staff bank is an entity managed by the trust that hires clinical and non-clinical healthcare professionals to take on shifts at our trust hospitals and community settings. Here at EPUT we maintain our own bank of specialist staff to ensure that we are able offer safe and effective care at all times.
All our permanent staff are automatically enrolled onto the staff bank however this does not mean you have to work any additional shifts, but the option is there for you if you wish.
If you are joining our Trust in a fixed term role, please indicate on your New Starter Paperwork that you wish to join our staff bank.
Job description Job responsibilities
The post holder will regularly be required to work without direct supervision and will be designated to take charge of the unit in the absence of senior staff. In addition, the post holder will be expected to have leadership skills that allow safe practice to be upheld whilst able to take charge of junior staff to undertake relevant forms of care. The post holder will supervise junior staff and to be able to impart knowledge to qualified and teach unqualified and students, including basic or post basic students.
Patients, relatives, carers and other staff will find the post holder flexible, approachable, helpful and co-operative with other staff, upholding the ethos of EPUT of good customer care at all times with an awareness of own attitude at all times.
The post holder will have the attributes of the 6Cs as outlined by the Principles of Nursing Practise Care, Communication, Compassion, Courage, Competence and Commitment.
EPUT offer a fantastic relocation package of up to £8,000. Covering a number of expenditures for new recruits relocating from 30 miles or more from their new work base at EPUT.
If you would like more information please contact email@example.com
Person Specification Education/Qualifications Essential
- Sound Risk Assessment skills
- A sound knowledge of Mental Health Act
- Sound knowledge of CPA
- Evidence of personal and professional development in contemporary mental health
- Completion of preceptorship
- Additional Professional Qualification
- Certificate in a psychotherapeutic intervention e.g. solution focussed therapy, CBT or counselling
- Current Certificate of Ethical Care (Prevention of Violence and aggression) this will be required at a later date
- Competent in leading a shift prioritising, assessing and managing risk
- Ability to problem solve and to deal with everyday issues
- Able to work effectively as a part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Competence to function in a busy ward environment
- Sound observation skills and the ability to competently risk assess
- Ability to communicate effectively and accurately
- Ability to be able to give concise accurate feedback
- Competent to work effectively in a busy environment
- Provide care to patients in accordance with Care Programme Approach
- Deliver Care in accordance with the Recovery Model
- Offer support and guidance to junior members of the team
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.