An exciting opportunity has now arisen and we are in the position to recruit a Staff Nurse to work at Beech ward, the older adult inpatient ward at Rochford hospital.
If successful you will be involved with a wide multi-disciplinary team caring for adults. It is essential that you are interested in and excited at the opportunity to work with people. You will care for your patients holistically, and work in a Multi- disciplinary setting . You will be able to adapt quickly to changing situations and provide high quality care to your patients.
Main duties of the job
- To work independently and accountably as part of a team of clinicians offering 24 hr mental health access and information in the locality of the Trust. The service will be 7 days a week, 24 hours a day for 365 days a year working shifts.
- To act as a role model to HCAs, supervising to ensure high quality care is
- Work collaboratively with key partner organisations, service users, clinicians and other practitioners within the multi-disciplinary team.
- To deliver a high quality and effective operational service to patients with complex needs, in accordance with the principles and objective of the Trust and its vision as identified in the service.
- To work collaboratively with others within the new organization to provide an exemplary level of care to service users.
EPUT are looking for motivated staff who shares our Trust values of Care, Learn and Empower. In return, EPUT can offer you a range of benefits and development including;
- Season Ticket Loans
- NHS discounts for staff
- Excellent Training facilities and opportunities
- Buying and Selling annual leave scheme
- The opportunity to work bank shifts and expand knowledge and experience in other areas
- Salary Sacrifice schemes including lease cars and Cycle to Work
- Day One Flexible Employer
The Trust supports and actively encourages flexible working for all employees. We offer many options and you are encouraged to ask the recruiting manager what is possible for this role. If appointed, you will have the opportunity to apply for a flexible working request from the first day of your employment
Join our Staff bank
Job description Job responsibilities
- To be responsible along with other nursing staff for assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of all care aspects of individual patients care.
- Attending to the physical and psychological needs of the patients under the care of the nursing
- Act as key worker and co worker for a designated group of
- Delivery effective individualised care by supervising staff in the assessment of patients condition.
- Establish therapeutic relationships with individual clients, relatives and carers. Write and contribute towards the formulation of care plans.
- Ensure effective and confidential communication, at all times maintaining strict confidentiality with regard to any information concerning patients and
- Demonstrate an awareness of the needs of carers of patients with mental health problems.
- To fully comply with the requirements of the NMC and upkeep of
- Be aware of the Mental Health Act 1983 and be aware of clients detained under section of the Mental Health Act 1983 in the clinical
- Supervise the formulation of plans for the patients discharge and transfer from the clinical areas in line with Care Programme Approach, Community Care Act 1990 and discharge
- Observe any changes in a patients physical condition or mental state and document in an appropriate
- Assist patients towards self-care and
- Understand the need for personal responsibility in relation to using the correct techniques for moving and handling
- Act in a relaxed manner, thereby contributing to the creation and maintenance of a calm and relaxed atmosphere/environment.
- Establish positive professional and appropriate relationships with patients adopting a non-judgemental approach. Always be prepared to listen and treat each patient with respect and courtesy; valuing them as
- Carry out planning and organisation of the therapeutic and social activities for patients in the clinical
- To act as a mentor to student
- To provide managerial supervision to junior colleagues.
- Participate in therapeutic and social activities/groups.
- As appropriate and necessary, assist patients who have the need to use hoists and wheelchairs.
- As requested, take on clinical, managerial and environmental
- Ensure the local security protocols and procedures are adhered to at all times.
Person Specification Essential Essential
- Registration Mental Health Nurse RMN
- Qualification and experience in the assessments of students
- Meet the requirements for revalidation as set out by the NMC
- Knowledge of working with external agencies involved in the care of people with mental illness
- Knowledge of current best practice and models within nursing practice in mental health
- Past completion of appraisals in previous roles
- Knowledge and understanding of health legislation, principles of CPA and Care Management, Mental Capacity Act, Mental Health Act 1983 and safeguarding, the NHS Constitution, and risk assessment / management
- Knowledge of the physical health needs of service users and monitoring of same
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.